R&IA’s annual forum will have a focus on the approval of accessible housing standards to the National Construction Code 2022, and addressing the challenges to adoption by NSW and SA.
Due to COVID, the event this year will be held online.
When: Wednesday 22 September 2021
9:30am - 1:00pm AEST
Where: On Zoom, link sent the day before
Registration: Humanitix, open until 3pm 21 September 2021
This event is FREE
On 30 April 2021, the Building Ministers Meeting decided to mandate the Livable Housing standard (Silver Level) in the National Construction Code (NCC) 2022.
The NSW and South Australian Governments do not support this reform.
The forum will challenge the decision by NSW and SA. The Forum will discuss:
- The benefits to consumers and the building industry of a mandated national access standard for housing in the NCC
- How supportive jurisdictions will implement the NCC from September 2022
- How building professionals can adapt to develop housing to the new standard.
Speakers and presenters are:
- The Hon. Rebecca Vassarotti, ACT Minister for Sustainable Building and Construction
- Dr Margaret Ward PSM, Co-Convenor Australian Network on Housing Design
- Mr Neil Savery, CEO, Australian Building Codes Board
- Mr Andrew Kerec, Director Renaissance Building and Design Pty Ltd, ACT
- Mr Alistair Webster, Campaign Director, Building Better Homes Campaign
- Mr Michael Fox, AM, Chair Rights & Inclusion Australia
If you require AUSLAN interpreting, closed captioning or other support to attend, please advise firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 16 September 2021, close of business.