Our yearly Diaspora Shabbat Potluck Lunch will take place on Saturday, April 13 at the home of Larry and Abby Harris (933 Foster Dr. 90048). Thank you (again) to the Harris family for sponsoring this opportunity to meet new members, reconnect with veteran members and schmooze with friends with whom you might never have a chance to speak during the busy week. The Harris home is within walking distance of Temple Beth Am and we will begin directly after Library Minyan services.
Reply to this email directly or contact Mark Bodenstein (email@example.com
), coordinator for this event regarding your attendance and pot luck contribution. Please indicate the names of those attending and what you will bring (dairy or pareve only). Because of space considerations, there is an upper limit to the number of people who can attend so please reply ASAP.
Any questions regarding general Diaspora Potluck programs, contact committee chair Val Goldstein (firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Items Needed for the Milchig/Dairy Shabbat Potluck Lunch April 13th
- A main dish that does not need to be heated (indicate what the main dish will be)
- Salads: Green salad with dressing, cut vegies, tuna salad, pasta salad, quinoa salad, etc.
- Dips/spreads like hummus plus pita or crackers
- Fruit salad or fruit dish for dessert
- Cookies, brownies, cut cake for dessert
- 2-3 bottles kosher kiddush wine
- 2 large bottles kosher grape juice
- 2 large challot per contributor
- 5 large bottles of soda (diet and regular) or juices per contributor
- Paper goods: dinner plates, dessert plates, utensils, cups, napkins for 50
Important notes about your food contribution:
- Each contribution should be enough for 10 people unless specified above otherwise.
- Bring your contribution nicely "plated" and provide serving utensils for your dish.
- You may bring your contribution to the Harris home anytime on Friday Apr 12th or on Saturday directly after Shabbat services.
- Label the ingredients of any home-made items to help people with food allergies.
- Please do not substitute items if you have committed yourself to a particular dish.
- If you promised an item for the meal and you find you cannot attend, please make arrangements to get your dish to the Shabbat lunch.
We look forward to seeing you April 13th!