SURREY SCOUT WATER ACTIVITIES CLUB
If the following is not of interest to you, but you know someone who may be interested, please forward this email.
Surrey Scoutabout is being held over the 27th-28th June 2020 at Ardingly showground. Where did the last three years go?????
During the weekend, the club always runs taster sessions on nearby Weirwood Reservoir, and this will be in open canoes and kayaks, for one hour sessions: three each on Saturday morning (10-1), Saturday afternoon (2-5), and Sunday morning (10-1).
There is an initial aim to provide 30 seats per session, increasing to 40 if numbers of staff and boats allow.
I have a shopping list to fill:
- I need help from Permit holders and non-Permit holders. If you can help for any or all sessions please reply with your availability and your Permit scope, if you have one, and what personal boat you are able to bring.
- Dave Trendall has volunteered to be lead coach for the kayaks, but I need a lead coach for the opne canoes.
- We also need 20+ kayaks and 10+ open canoes, along with relevant kit, that can be delivered to either Weirwood Reservoir or nearby Blackland Farm Guide camp.
- The club is providing 7 open canoes and kit on a trailer, but I need a volunteer to tow it to and from Horley.
- I need someone with a vehicle that can tow the trailers into and out of the reservoir grounds, from and to Blackland Farm, with good ground clearance.
More details will be provided to each person contacting me. If easier, call me on 07850 426880.
County Canoeing Adviser