As we reach the end of term, we’d like to update you on a range of updates to the GLP website, including new resources, case studies and research reports.
Support with teaching 'British values'
The GLP provides a range of resources and information to support the teaching of ‘British values’. You can find these materials and information on the CPD available on our website.
Looking for new resources?
Here’s a reminder of the various places where you can find the wide range of resources available from the GLP:
We’re also keen to hear from any schools using the support provided by School Improvement providers, such as EdisonLearning and Babcock Education, to support their global learning. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your experiences.
- Resources to support topical issues (such as the recent Fairtrade Fortnight resource) can be accessed by logging in to your GLP account and clicking on the ‘Activities and resources’ option under ‘My GLP’.
- Resources produced for the GLP are organised by topic or by subject and can offer a quick way for you to find materials on topics such as ‘values’, ‘child rights’ or ‘equality’.
- Nearly 200 resources have been badged as meeting the GLP criteria, aims and themes on the Global Dimension website. Use the search filters to find those that meet your needs.
- Teacher-created resources can be found by logging in to your GLP account and clicking on the ‘By teachers for teachers’ option under ‘My GLP’. You can also submit your own resources for publication by following the guidance provided on our website.
New case studies
Recent additions to our published case studies include:
New research reports available
If you haven’t already done so, we recommend that you take a look at the latest research reports that have been published on the GLP website. The most recent reports include an analysis of Whole School Audits completed by GLP schools between June 2013 and February 2014, and an insight into young people’s understanding of global poverty.
- Let us know if you’re interested in hosting a free INGO workshop delivered by Oxfam by emailing email@example.com
- The Pupil Assessment Tool is proving popular with teachers and is ready for your students to use at any time. Do consider getting your pupils to try it.
- You can find the full range of CPD courses available to book using your e-credits via the CPD Calendar. When considering which CPD option is most suitable for your school’s needs, you may want to consider attending CPD with your network as a cluster rather than individually. Your Expert Centre Co-ordinator can discuss the options with you and the other schools in your network.
- Don’t forget that you can also use your e-credits to submit an application for the GLP Lead Practitioner accreditation anytime from now until 2 June 2016.
- Funding of up to £1,000 is also available to you via the Innovation Fund, and an additional £500 of funding can be obtained via the GLP Transition Grant.
- Follow us on Twitter at @glp_e.
GLP Programme Director