Is a blowout loss easier to take than a last second one? If the Bills don’t take all those penalties would they have won? What about those dropped interceptions? Why is the crowd in Foxboro so quiet? All valid questions that arose out of yesterday’s game.
However we don’t have much time to dwell on the loss because it’s a short week. It’s a Buffalo Bills Thursday Happy Hour! (note: Massachusetts laws prohibit actual happy hour... if we could, we would…) Bills Backers of Boston is shifting to primetime at the Harp for THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! This week the Bills look to squish the fish and break their losing streak under the lights at the Ralph.
Kickoff is at 8:20pm, but come on down after work for dinner with fellow Bills fans. Different game day, same bar menu and drink specials!
A few notes of optimism about this week’s game:
- Last year it took 4 Brady interceptions for the Bills to barely beat the Pats. On Sunday we lost the turnover margin and had 148 yards of penalties and the Pats barely beat us. The gap is closing.
- This season CJ Spiller has more rushing yardage than Reggie Bush on 39 fewer carries.
- There’s no Garden event on Thursday night, so parking should be easier.
- Weekday game - you can wear your jersey to work!
- On Sunday the Bills set a team record for most first downs in a game. We can move the ball!
- Over the last 4 games, the Dolphins are allowing an average of 135 rushing yards/game. Unleash CJ!!
- For one night Bills football fills the void left by weekday Sabres games (GIVE US OUR HOCKEY BACK!!)
Thanks to all who came out to the tailgate on Sunday. We may have lost the game, but we won the tailgate. Lastly thanks for your continued support of the group. We’re excited to see you all on Thursday!
-Bills Backers of Boston