SURREY SCOUT WATER ACTIVITIES CLUB
Brownsea Island Trip 21 - 23 June 2019
With just a month to go a quick reminder if you haven't yet signed up, this is the club's best canoe camping trip to Poole Harbour each year (and the only one).
Beginning at Redcliffe Farm in Wareham we paddle out into Poole Harbour, camping overnight on Brownsea Island on Saturday and finishing on the Studland Peninsula on Sunday afternoon.
- £33 per person. There may be additional costs depending on an individual’s training/equipment requirements.
- The weekend qualifies as an ‘Open Water’ trip for the Progressive Canoe Award (previously 3 Star Open Canoe) and training for open water is available
- This is a self-catered camping trip. Participants will be expected to provide their own tent, cooking equipment and food. SSWAC will endeavour to partner up individual participants who wish to camp/cook as part of a group.
In order to attend this trip you will need to be able to provide evidence of:
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com. To apply for a place, please return the pre-requisite information as soon as possible via email.
- Paddling at a level of at least BCU 2 Star, Paddlepower Discover Level 9 including experience of open canoeing or hold the new Canoe Award
- Experience of at least two canoe or kayak trips which have each involved activity of around 5-6hrs on the water.
- Experience of camping in a lightweight tent and an ability to cook a meal on a lightweight stove.
- For adults a Scout Association DBS check must be in place.