There are a variety of reasons why people speak. Most, if not all business presenters, speak to convince their team, superiors, employees to accept their point of view and then take action
A persuasive presentation poses a different way, a new formula, a better process for a variety of reasons: to solve a problem, to reduce costs, to enhance team work, to increase production, sales, profits and so on; in essence, a new and different perspective for both individual and company gain.
To do this successfully, you need to be clear and concise in your pre-writing thinking and creating process. Here are a few key questions for you to ponder as you're setting up the structure of your presentation.
1 What is your general message (end result) What do you want your audience to think, feel, say or do differently? How should they be different after listening to do? Is there an exact next step for them?
2. What is the problem that exists, its possible various causes, and its immediate and long lasting devastating effects on the individuals, the group and possibly the company as a whole
3. What are your main points within your solution of the problem? Can you summarize them in fewer than 10 words (the more concise you are with the points, the clearer your thoughts and words will be when creating the content)
4. What are the consequences if your audience doesn't take action? What does your audience want to avoid?
5. What are the benefits you offer them in your opening? Return to them in your close. What does your audience want to attain?
6. What are the precise doable techniques or actions steps they need to take to remedy the problem and produce positive results.
Skipping these important thought processes in the pre-writing will hinder the creation of a clear, concise persuasive presentation with a laser focused destination and viable, well thought out means to get there!
In sum, before creating your persuasive presentation, your thought process needs to include the above questions under the umbrella of 3 S's:
- present a situation that requires a change
- a solution that is viable and doable within a certain time frame
- and visible success resuls that will occur when actions are taken.
I invite you to join me again next month when we discuss Compelling Content for Persuasive Presentations!
Until then, happy speaking!
***** GREAT FALL OFFERS ******
Take advantage of this limited-time offer now!
When you invest in the "Speeches That Will Leave Them Speechless" MP3 format or audio CD format – you’ll get the "Speeches That Will Leave Them Speechless" eBook FREE! (Value $11.99)
Do you want to cut years off your learning withthese tried and true formulas to become a top calibre speaker?
Invest in the MP3: and get the eBook FREE!
or invest in the 3CD set: and get the eBook for FREE!!
- How to avoid the most common delivery mistakes
- How to uncover, not add, humour
- How to go from boring to brilliant
- How to make your message stick
- How to breathe life into your speeches.....AND MUCH MORE!
“… your book is amazing! I always base my readings on getting something to use (whether consciously or unconsciously) Your book provided that in the first few pages! I have been speaking for a few years but always trying to improve… a GREAT instructional piece as well as a great reference/reminder to keep myself centered. I will use it forever! Howard Manns, National Speaker/Consultant/Specialist on Healthcare, Marketing & Leadership/President at Professional Healthcare (PHD)
Click on the links below to invest in your speaking skills: