Hoping you are staying as dry as possible this morning. Please note there is a FLASH FLOOD warning until 11:45 am this morning so please be safe. Some things for you to watch / read to help keep your mind off the weather:
My “Hellacious Friday the 13th Interview” with Hudson County View (John Heinis’ introductory remarks)
In case you missed it, below are the links to my last Friday interview with Hudson County View (www.hudsoncountyview.com). We covered such topics ranging from the recent coup at the Hoboken Democratic Committee to Rebuild By Design, and from county politics to local politics.
Here is the abbreviated summary with time stamps if you are interested in only watching a part of the 38 minute interview:
- 0:27 – 11:20 – Hoboken Democratic Committee - 6 questions and answers about the recent coup, my take on being ousted as Chair and being a Democrat going forward.
- 11:20 – 12:45 - Hudson County Democratic Committee – 1 question on whether who is best positioned to be elected as Chair of the committee. Why is this important? Because the Chair of the HCDO will select who will run on “the line” (the first column on the ballot) which will drive Hudson County leadership going forward.
- 12:45 – 16:20 - Hudson County Executive race in 2019 – 1 question with answers about my view of the race balancing the positive interaction I have currently with county officials, my focus on getting more for our money out of the County for Hoboken, and my interest in seeing Hudson County have a bigger seat at the table on important issues like transportation and state funding.
- 16:20 – 20:50 Hoboken Politics. 2 questions on my relationship with Mayor Bhalla. Simply put, “absolutely no truth that if he goes left, I go right”, we are coordinated on everything on a policy basis including (among others) two important initiatives that Mayor Bhalla has selected me to work with him on: Economic Development and Rebuild By Design, and on the political side, which has been challenging , I remain hopeful it will get better over time.
- 20:50 – 28:45 Union Dry Dock/NYWW 3 questions and responses about what my constituents want to see happen, what does the June 1st deadline mean and what is Governor Murphy’s view on all of this.
- 28:45 – 32:30 Rebuild By Design 1 question and response about where we are now on this critical project for Hoboken and the huge obstacle we have with the need to better marry it with the Hoboken Railyards / NJ Transit development on the south side of Hoboken.
- 32:30 – 37:00 Voter Fraud and Runoffs One question and answer about the Mayor’s and my shared view on local voter fraud but our differing views on whether today’s Hoboken voters should be given the chance to reconsider runoffs.
- 37:00 – 38:20 Closing thoughts. My last word on why I believe our Hoboken government is working well together.
We covered a lot of ground, with the only topic that he surprisingly did not ask me about given the controversary is the 2nd job that our Mayor has taken that like many of you who feel similarly, I strongly oppose.
New Businesses in the 2nd Ward – come support your locals!
- Choco Pain North at Hudson Tea Grand Opening Celebration TODAY! There will be a ribbon cutting at 12:30pm with Mayor Ravi Bhalla and myself and a reception with wine and light refreshments from 5-7pm showcasing artwork by local artist Jennifer Krause Chapeau. Located at NE Corner of 15th and Washington at the Hudson Tea Building.
- Hudson Coffee at Maxwell is open! – New, independent coffee place located in the Maxwell complex on the east side of Hudson between 11th and 12th . A cool, industrial vibe with delicious, smooth cold brew iced coffee on tap! (one of my favorites…).
- Wee Babe has moved uptown! - The cutest store for all things babies, and even owned by a 2nd ward resident, has moved to 1208 Washington St.!
- Barbes, your new neighborhood French-Moroccan Bistro! All I can say is run, don’t walk to this already packed restaurant that took over what seemed to be the forever vacant site at 13th and Park. The reviews are already ridiculously good!
Please feel free to email me or call me at 201/208-1674 if you have any questions of comments or want to discuss any of this. Have a great week!