Chicken Pot Pie
Here is a favorite chicken pot pie recipe, for the chilly winter months from our families to yours. :)
• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken
• breast halves, cubed
• 1 cup sliced carrots
• 1 cup frozen green peas
• ½ cup sliced celery
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 1/3 all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon celery seed
• 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
• 2/3 cup milk
• 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Don't Just Take Our Word...
“I have taken my prized limited edition vehicle to Snelson’s on four different occasions. They can and will repair your vehicle to its original condition, guaranteed! My family & husband trust no other body shop with their vehicles. I tell everyone I know about Snelson. They make the whole process very easy…fast estimate from Ken (one of the nicest people you will ever meet) …he takes care of the insurance end with no problem. Quick turnaround time…I had $5000.00 worth of major front end damage repaired in 3 business days and I was so happy. The car was perfect. You really do get what you pay for at body shops…when you want quality, call Ken!”-Erica, Yahoo! Review
WINTER SAFETY UPDATES
Baby it’s cold outside………….and with colder temperatures comes greater opportunity for snow, sleet and ice that can lead to hazardous road conditions, and unforeseen dangers. The National Safety Council offers these suggestions to ensure you and your vehicle make it safely through the winter months!
Prepare with a check up that includes:
• Checking the ignition, brakes, wiring, hoses, and fan belts
• Changing and adjusting the spark plugs
• Checking the air, fuel and emission filters, and the PCV valve
• Checking the battery
• Checking the tires for air, sidewall wear, and tread depth
• Checking antifreeze levels and the freeze line
Make sure to have these in your vehicle at all times:
• Properly inflated spare tire, wheel wrench, and tripod-type jack
• Jumper cables
• Tow and tire chains
• Bag of salt or cat litter
• Tool kit
Be prepared with a “survival kit” that should always remain in the car. Supplies include:
• Working flashlight and extra batteries
• Reflective triangles and brightly-colored cloth
• First aid kit
• Exterior windshield cleaner
• Ice scraper and snow brush
• Wooden stick matches
• Scissors and string/cord
• Non-perishable, high-energy foods like unsalted canned nuts, dried fruits, and hard candy.
Police Department Trivia Night 2/2/13, 6:30pm:
-Granite City Police Dept 12th annual Trivia Night. Saturday, Feb. 2nd at St. Gregory Armenian Hall (3501 Century Dr).
-Doors open at 6:30pm, Trivia starts at 7pm
-Beverages provided- Raffle 50/50. Call 779-8101 to reserve your table. To benefit
the GCPD officers riding in the ILCOPS Cycle across Illinois
Granite City Rotary Club
Chili Fundraiser 2/12/13 11:30 am - 2:00 pm,
4:00 pm -7:00 pm:
-Adults & Children 12 Yr. + - $6.00/ea, Children 6-11 - $4.00/ea, 5 & Under - Free
-Niedringhaus United Methodist Church - Basement 1311 20th Street (at Delmar)
-The proceeds from this fundraiser 4Ip to support the Youth Fund, Granite City, Elementary Schools 3rd Grade Dictionary Program, Granite City High School, After-Prom Party, Granite City High School tudents of the Month. Foreign Exchange Students, Scholarships
-ALL YOU CAN EAT!!!
With gas prices on the rise again, why not fill up your tank for free!
Visit us at https://
www.facebook.com/SnelsonCollisionRepair for your chance to win a free gas card!!!