If you're like most top agents, it probably does.
Because what your buyers and sellers want most is something you give them without thinking that it's worth mentioning. It's not special; it's merely the way you do business.
And since it is something you take for granted, you probably don't realize that from the client's point of view (not knowing all the work you do behind the scenes) it is perhaps THE most important benefit of doing business with you.
You also might not realize just how many other agents fail to provide it.
So what is it that buyers and sellers want most?
- They want you to actually listen to them, so they will be heard and understood.
- Buyers want to know that you understand their needs and wants.
- Sellers want your respectful attention to their selling and showing preferences.
- They all want you to return their phone calls and emails in a timely fashion.
- They all want you to take time to answer all of their questions clearly and completely.
- They all want you to stay in touch, even when you don't have anything new to tell them.
Since you take the giving of attention for granted, you probably don't mention it in your marketing.
You assume that they'll know it's part of the package.
But that's not necessarily true. Some will, certainly. But consumers who have had dealings with agents who didn't have your attitude know that signing a representation agreement doesn't mean they'll get attention.
If you bring up real estate in a gathering of any size, you'll hear at least one story of an agent taking a listing and then forgetting about it. Or, you'll hear a story about a buyer's agent who expected the buyers to go find their own home, then call to write the offer.
And that's why you should mention the attention and the service you give.
You can work it into your home page and your buyer and seller pages as part of "What you can expect from me." And you should absolutely work it in to your agent bio as part of your business philosophy.
You can also show it subtly in the blog posts you write.
For instance, you can say something along the lines of "When I called my seller with my weekly report…" Or you could write a story about seeing the perfect house for buyers who had been searching for weeks. You called them immediately and 8 hours later they had an accepted offer.
Buyer and sellers want attention – let them know that they'll get it from you.