New Firmware for ProMark 800: V1.6 Released
New ProMark 800 firmware was placed on the ftp site yesterday (May 21st, 2013).
MiFi vs. Sim Card Revisited
A week ago I purchased a used ATT MiFi device on eBay (AT&T Sierra Wireless Aircard 754S Elevate 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Modem Router) and had a (wait for this) FANTASTIC experience.
Service for MM2, PM3, MMCE, MMCX...
Wow, that generated a lot of comments!
My announcement that we are doing repairs on legacy Ashtech equipment generated a firestorm of questions, suggestions and email. Here are some additional comments:
- Most repairs are fixed-price and are listed > [ here ]
- Yes, we have screens and touch screens in stock for these devices.
- Yes, we really do PM2's.
- Return shipping by FedEx 2-Day is included with all repairs.
- Expedited returned shipping is available at our cost (which is probably less than your cost.)
- For many repairs, the factory depot in Dayton is the way to go. I have listed the factory fixed rates (which don't include return shipping at the link above.)
- Equipment from outside the United States: Okay we will repair equipment from outside the US, however you are responsible for shipping both ways. (Payment by CC or Wire Transfer.)
- Our Repair Depot is in Texas, not Utah. Don't just send equipment here because it will add a few days as we shuffle it back to Texas.
Based on feedback, we have lowered the evaluation fee to $70. So if you send in a receiver and find out it will be more than you thought to fix it, we will nick you $70 but that includes return UPS Ground shipping.
Thanks to everyone who sent me comments and questions. Sometimes I forget that there are 1,800 folks on this mail list and it is possible that 10% of them will reply to a single message. Clearly this hit a button, all of your comments matter and I appreciate them!