The off-season wait is over. This Sunday it’s time for Bills football at the Harp!! To those of you that are new to the group, welcome!! We’re glad you found us and excited for you to join in the fun. We're going to highlight what's new this year at the top of this email, but below we have some more detailed info on game days at the Harp for all our new members.
Now onto the details:
Bills vs Bears
1pm kickoff, doors open at 11am
THIS WEEK'S GIVEAWAY - Labatt Blue Bills Cooler! (photo attached)
One lucky fan at the Harp this week will be going home with an awesome cooler. Thanks to our friends at the Harp and Labatt for putting this together. We'll have information on the free raffle on Sunday, so come out for your chance to win!
Also stay tuned because we'll have more giveaways over the coming weeks, including tshirts and bills tickets!
HIGHLIGHTS FOR THIS WEEK:
- Garbage Plate Pizza on the gameday bar menu - (see attached file) We realized Rochester wasn't properly represented, so the Harp put together all the flavors of a garbage plate on a pizza. We've tried it and it's awesome.
- Redzone channel - now on the middle TVs at the upper bar!
- Merchandise - Tshirts and koozies will be available!
- Membership Cards are back - 10% off all food on regular menu anytime!
- Gameday menu - Labatt Blue Light on draft, Fried Bologna Sandwiches and Sahlen's Hot Dogs are back!
MERCHANDISE UPDATE- TShirts this week!
We will have tshirts available for purchase this week (design attached). They're available in sizes from S to XXL, and we'll be selling them up to kickoff by a table at the front door. Come early to make sure you get your size!
We'll also have koozies available for sale next week, and be unveiling a new t-shirt design in a couple weeks as well.
That's all the highlights for week 1. Below is some more detailed information for our new members.
The Harp’s at 85 Causeway Street across from North Station and the TD Garden. It’s generally not too hard to find street parking in the area on Sunday morning, unless there’s an event at the Garden, when you’ll often have to pay for parking in a ramp or lot due to the crowd. The Center Plaza garage (on Congress Street across from City Hall) usually has $10-all-day parking on Sundays. Public transportation options are the Commuter Rail and Green or Orange T lines to North Station, with a quick two block walk to The Harp.
The Harp will open up at 11am on Sundays. There are 2 bars and seating upstairs. Please feel free to seat yourself, just note that it’s first-come, first-serve. Obviously watching the game is the #1 priority, but if you are seated please take advantage of the awesome wait staff to order some food/beverages from the Harp’s menu.
As always, we’ll have the game on in HD with audio. Some new stuff this year:
- RedZone Channel at Upper Bar: Want to stay posted on your fantasy team? No problem! The middle TV on each side of the upper bar will be tuned into the NFL RedZone Channel.
- Out of Town Games on TVs above front Windows: Want to keep posted on your fantasy team, or have a fan of another team in your group? No problem. The Harp has set aside the 3 TVs above the front windows to show other games around the league. Want a particular game on? Just ask one of the staff. For those sitting in that upper bar area, the Bills game will most likely not be on these 3 TVs to accommodate the other games, but there is a large screen directly opposite them above the bar that will have the Bills on.
- Back Bar Area: The small TV above the rear bar and the TV by the fire escape are available for out of town games if interested as well. Just ask the staff.
All other TVs in the bar will have the Bills game on. We’ll also have our DJ back to help with announcements and drown out the all the Geico and male enhancement commercials with some tunes, and blast SHOUT when we score to annoy all the Pats fans nearby.
To those of you new to the area, Massachusetts laws prohibit “happy hour” pricing of alcoholic drinks, so we’re unable to offer wristband specials like McFaddens in NYC. However we do offer a discounted gameday bar menu (see attached PDF) that’s got some WNY favorites like Sahlen’s dogs, wings, fried bologna, and our new GARBAGE PLATE PIZZA!
Of course The Harp’s regular full menu is also available each Sunday. The Harp will offer a 10% discount on all regular menu food orders to all members of our group. This will be valid ANYTIME you visit the Harp, not just on Sundays. We’ll be handing out FREE membership cards to use for this discount on Sunday; just show the card to redeem the discount. Please note: discount does NOT apply to drink orders (…thanks Beacon Hill).
Mailing List -
If you’re getting this message you’re probably already signed up, but if you’re not on our mailing list, visit www.bostonbillsbackers.com
to add your email address (it’s on the top left side). It’s the best way to stay up to date on any specials events or offseason happenings (ie. Sabres games).
We’ll be posting event photos, information and other WNY related stuff to our Facebook page throughout the year.
And whereas the Facebook page which is more informational, the Facebook group is for all of our members to contribute. Feel free to post photos, videos, articles or anything else that you think our WNY crowd would enjoy.
Labatt has stepped up with some awesome stuff for us to giveaway over the first few weeks. Stay tuned each week for details. The membership cards will be handed out over the first couple weeks, and we’ll have a tshirt giveaway coming up after that. Also, later this season we’ll be doing our annual Mighty Taco Day and Beef on Weck Charity Day. Stay tuned to our emails for details.
Last but not least, we want to help make the gameday experience something you all enjoy. If there’s an issue or someone is causing a problem on gameday, let one of the planning committee know (Jeff Crump, Chris Salemi, George Pacil, Darrell Pesta and Tim Sweeney) and we’ll work with The Harp staff to resolve the issue. We'll do a quick introduction this week so you know our faces. Also feel free to let us know if you have any feedback, suggestions, or ways to improve Sunday’s at the Harp. Drop us an email, direct message on twitter, facebook message, or just say hi on Sundays. We’re always open to new ideas, and love it when somebody comes up with a great new cheer, celebration, or tradition for the group.
Welcome to all our new members, and welcome back to all our longtime faithful. Thanks for your support of the group, and helping turn The Harp into “a little 716 in the 617” every Bills gameday!
-Bills Backers of Boston
p.s. Congrats on making it to the end of this email!