In this issue:
- Paddy O'Quigley's 0.5K Winter Dash
- 'Tis a Month to St. Paddy's
Paddy O'Quigley's 0.5K Winter Dash
'Tis almost here - the 2nd Annual 0.5K Winter Dash benefitting the BMA Foundation on Feb 17, 2018.
That's right, 'just 0.5K - once around the building - but we don't expect you to finish it all at once. Remember to stop and enjoy a complimentary warm beverage from the Halfway House, catch your breath, share a bit o' wit and wisdom, and then kick it on around the rest of the building.
If ya wanna see how it went last year, well, just look at these pics and the check we handed over plus other contributions came to $4754.
What's it all for?
The Brian M. Anselmo Foundation (www.bmafoundation.org) is a grand organization that does great work for children's and family causes including Charlie's House, Operation Breakthrough, Bags of Fun Kansas City, Noah's Bandage Project, Kids TLC, and more.
About The "Race"
'Twill be held February 17 at 11am. We'll do the kids run first while the adults get properly ready for the race. Each racer will receive a drawstring backpack stuffed with gear like
- Stockin' Cap - with the race logo, of course
- A handy Drawstring Backpack for all your swag
- A Boulevard pint glass with any purchase of a Boulevard pint
- A "0.5K" race sticker (ya know, for braggin')
- A complimentary warm beverage at the Halfway House Aid Station (plus hot cocoa for kids)
- Lots of other good stuff from our neighbors and sponsors
The race itself will cost just $35 for pre-registers, or $40 on the day of the event. Kids 12 and under are just $10. Register early and lock in your spot in this most exclusive and uncompetitive field.
Prizes for something like this can't just be your normal awards - we'll be giving out beer steins for adult winners of categories like Slowest Finisher, Oldest Finisher, and Best Dressed
. Kids will get compete for the same except there will be boys and girls winners and only one Youngest Finisher.
This event couldn't happen without our sponsors, so here they are!
UPS Stores (135th & Metcalf and 151st & Metcalf) - we use them for all our printing and shipping needs...all our signs, fliers, etc comes from them. Great people providing exceptional service -- that's why we love 'em.
Fidelity Insurance - Giefer Agency (913-235-8418) - they're our insurance company and they should be yours too. Robin and Ben Giefer are great and provide fantastic service for their clients. 'Tis not at all uncommon to find them at the bar hanging out with good friends.
) - a local software, consulting, and technology firm that takes an engineering approach to software development - their website is much better at tellin' what they do that we can, so check 'em out.
) - provides air traffic control and related servicesf or airports around the country. Also a local company, you can read more on their website.
Overland Property Group
) - our neighbor to the south and the folks behind the new development to our southeast, their mission is to innovate, out-build, and over-deliver on every project. Check out their website to see the cool things they're doin'.
Full Count Lawns (816-853-3503) - owner DJ Nolen provides a full slate of lawn and home care services including snow removal, and is also a well known personal baseball coach. Look him up if ya got a young ballplayer who can use some expert help.
Just a Month - St. Paddy's Shenanigans
We're preppin' and preparin' for another grand celebration o' the Irish on March 17th. 'Tis on a Saturday this year, so plan to come early and stay late!
Features of this year's celebration will include:
- A re-vamped 'n better'n ever Irish Breakfast will kick off our day at 9am
- DJ Lolly will be here - entertainin' as only he can
- Irish Bagpipes will provide a traditional feel as they reel off a few songs in the afternoon
- A special St. Paddy's menu of delectables, including our limited time only Corned Beef 'n Cabbage dinner (available the whole week of St. Paddy's)
- The Outside Patio Bar will be up 'n runnin'
- Prizes and Giveaways all day - register for some great prizes or just be here when our great vendors drop in to hand out fun items
- 'n of course - GREEN BEER
Stay tuned for more - including this year's T-Shirt design. If you pre-purchase and wear on the day o' the celebration, you'll get a special surprise!
~~~~~ Final Words: An Old Irish Poem ~~~~~
May you have all the happiness
and luck that life can hold—
And at the end of all your rainbows
may you find a pot of gold.