INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE DAY!
Featuring Exclusive Items, Author Events & More!
Saturday, April 30th - All Day
Celebrate Independent Bookstore Day with us this Saturday, with two great author readings, special discounts, prizes - and a limited number of one-of-a-kind items by artists, authors, and publishers created specifically for this event!
The day's festivities include:
11 a.m. - Storytime with the Booksellers
2 p.m. - Christopher Moore will discuss in the courtyard his latest novel Secondhand Souls, called "…weird, expletive-laden, wildly entertaining… You just can’t make this stuff up. But Christopher Moore can." (Washington Post) Paperback edition available early for this event!
7 p.m. - Caroline Paul will discuss The Gutsy Girl in the store. One of San Francisco's first female firefighters has written a highly praised new book that is part memoir, part journal, part guide book "for daredevils, doers, and dreamers of all ages," –Cheryl Strayed
All Day - Discounts, prizes, limited edition items available on a first-come, first-served basis
These special, limited edition items are available exclusively in independent bookstores on Saturday ONLY:
* The Neil Gaiman Coloring Book - 20 pieces of black-and-white art by Chris Riddell, and quotes by Neil Gaiman, taken from the pages of Coraline, The Graveyard Book, and Fortunately, the Milk – all ready to be colored in by YOU!
* Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo - an exclusive numbered and signed edition that includes a bound personal letter from Kate about the joys of books and bookstores
• Literary Tea Towels - a set of 100% cotton tea towels that read: "I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. - Anna Quindlen" and "A half-read book is a half-finished love affair. -David Mitchell"
* A $6 Story: The Care and Feeding of an Independent Bookstore by Ann Patchett - a beautifully designed, saddle stitched booklet with instructive essays signed by the author
* X is for... Vinyl Record - a companion to the book Rad American Women A-Z that features an original alphabet song by Carolyn Pennypacker-Riggs of Bouquet and a reading of the X chapter from the book, read by Angela David, Rebecca Solnit, Charlene Yi, and more rad women
And many more!
You can pick-a-discount or pick-a-prize throughout the day! Prizes include books and posters not available for purchase - like that poster you've been admiring on display in our store, or a book you've been looking forward to that has not yet been published.
You may also win chapbooks printed exclusively for Independent Bookstore Day, like The Stormlight Archive: A pocket companion to The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson.
There is so much to love and celebrate about Independent Bookstores, and we look forward to celebrating it with you. See you on Saturday!