BHAF Allotment Forum
Allotment Forum meeting
Patcham Community Centre
Wednesday 18 June 2014, 6.30 - 9.30pm
The first Allotment Forum meeting is due to be held on the 18th June and all plot holders and stakeholders are invited to attend. All site reps are also expected to attend as part of their role - if reps cannot attend for any reason, they should ensure someone else from their site attends on their behalf. This is an informal and new format meeting, (replacing the old site rep meetings) in which members of the Liaison Group (BHAF, BHCC and the Food Partnership) will offer a progress report on action points from the Allotment Strategy, and answer any questions.
From 6.30-7.15pm, there will be a 'surgery' (with tea and biscuits) for people to ask questions related to individual or personal matters:
• David Cooper, the Allotment Officer, will be available to deal with specific council / site rep issues
• Hannes Froehlich, BHAF Treasurer will be available to deal with site rep expenses
• BHAF committee members will be available to answer any general questions people may have, and to take suggestions for additional items (and additional working groups) to be added to the agenda
• There will also be sign-up sheets for anyone wanting to get involved with new working groups, focussing on particular issues, e.g. Allotment Rules Revision, Site Rep Focus Group etc.
• The council's reports on vacancies, lettings and maintenance will be available for you to look at. Please do check on what has been done on your site and particularly that the vacancies and new lettings are as up to date as can be expected.
The main meeting will follow on from the 'Surgery' and finish by 9.30pm.
N.B. The 'Surgery' is the place to deal with individual issues, the main meeting will deal with broader issues that have a wider impact. If you're not sure where your issue lies - come and talk to us during the 'Surgery' and we will do our best to help.
This is a great opportunity to find out what's going on, how you can get involved and share your thoughts and ideas! Future meetings will be advertised on site gates and noticeboards - on this occasion, if you know of any plot holders who are not on email or connected to the internet, please pass this information on to them.
We look forward to seeing you on the 18th!
Any further queries: email@example.com
All the best and happy growing!
The Federation Committee.