In this issue...
The New Menu
First things first - it's been a bit over a month since we rolled out our new menu. Gone are the old printed and laminated pages to make way for a more classic look in a right fine package.
But like most things - it's what's inside that counts. Some of our top favorite new items include:
- Flatbreads - quickly becoming a new Paddy's favorite, we feature three versions: Apricot Chicken, Chipotle Steak, or Veggie. With a light, toasted crust, and tons of flavor each, ya gotta try 'em to believe 'em.
- Sweet Pots O'Gold (pictured) - delectable mini sweet potatoes loaded with pulled pork, bacon, and cheddar cheese topped with a wee bit of dijonnaise and scallions. Folks that have tried 'em have loved 'em.
- Pulled Pork Nachos - some of ya's have been ordering this for years so we put it on the menu. Green tortilla chips covered in pulled pork, house-made BBQ sauce and O'Queso, topped off with a shredded blend of cheeses, sour cream, and jalapenos.
- Hot Soft Pretzels - without goin' into much detail, we'll just say these are really good and might be our most popular appetizer these days - served with O'Queso or honey mustard
- The Regal Philbin - no one knows why this great sandwich fell off the menu years ago, but its back by popular demand with its delectable blend of smoked brisket, grilled peppers, grilled onions, and cheddar cheese.
- Lettuce Wraps (pictured)- a lighter option with grilled tender strips of chicken placed atop tender bibb lettuce leaves with sliced almonds, cabbage, carrots, red onion, and our longtime favorite sesame ginger dressing. Perfect for sharin' or to make a light meal.
That's just a samplin' of the fine fare on our menu - both new and old. We even have some new desserts
you'll have to try (Funnel Cake Fries!). Check out our online menu
...or better yet, come have a taste.
We started a tradition in recent years of featurin' some of the best local (and sometimes not-so-local) musical talent on our fine patio. Somethin' about great food and drink alongside the open air filled with great sounds just lightens the soul and puts a fine end to any day.
Startin' this weekend, we'll make sure that every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings we'll have entertainin' live music to lift your spirits and serenade your supper.
The lineup for the next couple o' weeks:
- April 30 - Jimmy K
- May 1 - Scott Duncan
- May 2 - Grace Maher & the Wayward Sons (pictured)
- May 7 - Ethan Ridings
- May 8 - Garry Lincoln
- May 9 - Greeting Committee
Check us out on Facebook
to get the list and lineup all summer long. We'll also have it on our website
Starting this Friday, the Burger Wars begin! If'n you aren't aware - each May we
pick 4 or 5 entries submitted by guests or staff to face off in the annual Burger Wars benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Well, the selections are in and they should prove to be as tasty as they are varied. These aren't run-of-the-mill, plain jane burgers, mind ya. These are tastebud thrillers that will only be available throughout the month of May.
The top seller will then earn a place on our menu as of the next time we go to print. You can find the past two winners, The Who's Your Paddy (2013) and the Mac Attack (2014), on the menu now.
The contenders are:
- The BBLT (Bleu Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) by Greg Hawk is a bleu cheese burger version of the BLT - it comes with crumbled bacon and bleu cheese cooked onto the burger itself before its topped with two thick slices of bacon and melted bleu cheese, plus lettuce, tomato, and bistro sauce on a brioche bun.
- The Wimpy Burger by Mary Christ literally oozes with deliciousness - it starts with a burger grilled to order with Mary's special secret seasoning, but nestled inside is a pocket of grilled onions, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese. The Wimpy Burger is then served in a brioche bun with lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles.
- The Sundance Kid by Sean Russell starts with our big, cooked-to-order burger topped with a generous helping of melted pepper jack cheese, candied jalapenos, roasted red peppers, two thick slices of bacon, a little of our BBO'Q sauce and an onion ring, all on a brioche bun
- The South of the Burger by our own Amy York is not just for Cinco de Mayo, but good all month long - it comes between two grilled flour tortillas with diced tomatoes and onions, crumbled bacon, jalapenos, shredded lettuce, cheddar & jack cheeses, and our special Mexi-ranch...Aye Caramba, it's good!
- Hayley's Comet by our Hayley Higgins is out of this world with two slices of bacon, sliced tomato, and Caesar salad complete with romaine, parmesan, crushed croutons, and Caesar dressing. A single onion ring goes on top and its all served on toasted brioche bun with our garlic aioli.
Where to start? Maybe try 'em all! Just remember to remember - stop in and have a burger, one of these or one of our regulars on the menu. It's for a good cause!