Live Comedy in Quarantine.
WHAT: Right now we all need to simulate a real life online. To help, social platform asembl is bringing people together for a series of comedy events online called (not so) live. You can hear the audience laugh, see your friends and family who are there & interact with the performers. It's great.
WHO: The most exciting up-and-coming as well as established comics from New York, Los Angeles, and everywhere in between. Performers have included:
Sean Patton, Meg Stalter, Sydnee Washington, Chris Thayer, Jacob Williams, Andy Haynes.
WHEN: (not so) live shows occur three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9PM ET. Upcoming lineups are:
Wed, April 22: Rachel Mac, Paige Weldon, Robby Hoffman
Monday April 27: Katie Boyle, Chanel Ali
Wednesday, April 29: Connor McNutt, Chris Locke, Wilfred Padua
Friday, May 1: Ashley Brooke Roberts, Nore Davis, Gianmaro Soresi
- A link is posted here: https://asemblco.com/not-so-live/ Click on that for details.
- The show will start at a specific time (9PM: M,W,F).
- The audience will join via teleconference
- You can turn off your microphone / camera if you like but it'll be way better if you keep it on so that the performer can hear when their jokes are hitting or people are vibing.
- A link to a tip jar will be posted. Shows are free but lots of performers are hurting now so please help them out.
- And, oh yeah, these definitely aren't for kids.
Find People, Do Something: asembl shows you all the cool stuff going on and puts you together with the people who want to do it with you. Turn your phone into a tool for living your best life instead of something that makes you tune your real life out.
Create a profile and put in the stuff you’re into, then check out what’s going on and who’s up for it. If you’ve got an idea that’s not on there yet, pop it in and invite the people you want to go with, whether that’s just your close friends, brand new people or anyone in between. Once people start RSVPing, chat just with the people going (no more getting fifty group chat messages about something you’re not going to; trust us, we’ve thought of everything). Then head out and have fun!
For all media requests, please contact Andrew Gerhan - firstname.lastname@example.org