February 3, 2015
IN THIS WOWW!
- Wade Appearances
- February 14 - Branson, Missouri - Star Theatre
- March 7 - Franklin, North Carolina - Smky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts
- April 11 - Owensboro, Kentuck - tentative date for Lanham Bros Jamboree
- April 29 - Charlotte, Michigan - Charlotte High Scool Performing Arts Center
- July 11 - Cynthiana, Kentucky - Harrison Parks & Recreation Concert
- August 15 - Columbus , Ohio - Blazing Saddles Saloon
- For appearance details, go to the Tour page of wadehayes-woww.com. You'll even get a map that will guide you to the venue from your own starting place.
- SAVE A DATE -
- June 12, 2015 8 am - Wade Hayes Friend's Fest Breakfast - you'll hear more in late March.
- August 1 - Nashville's UNDY 5K - a 5 K run or a 1 mile walk in support of the Colon Cancer Alliance - TEAM WADE will participate. Start your training now and line up your sponsors. It will be a great day. Check out pics from last year.
- ON THE 'NET
- The Pledge Campaign
- YouTube Additions - How Great Thou Art
- Sherri Justice Interview
- NO Shave November - WSM for St. Jude's Childrens Hospital
- Wade in an online interview about the Branson Show
- Country Family Reunion Taping - update
- Updates to WOWW! and WOWW-pics sites
- A PERSONAL NOTE FROM HELEN - I covet your prayers for my upcoming surgery.
- FAN HELP IN PROMOTING WADE
- GUIDELINES FOR USE OF HIS MATERIAL - pic, name, logo, signature
- WADE ON SHOW TAPING FOR COUNTRY FAMILY REUNION
- Social Media - Wade's Facebook Fan Page, Friend's Page and Twitter links
ON THE 'NET
The Pledge Campaign
- Big opportunity - to help Wade launch his next project - a studio CD titled "Go Live Your Life." You can pre-purchase the CD before release ($15), purchase a digital download of the 11 tracks ($10). There are many other items and opportunities to be part of getting this project out to the public. If you use a credit card, items won't be charged until the goal is reached. For today the campaign has reached 93% of its goal with 26 days left. Surely, we can boost this over the top. (If the goal isn't reached, (not likely to happen) then no pledges are inacted and Wade gets $0.)
- Already purchased what you'd like to have. Think ahead for gift giving. Who among your friends and family would like this as a gift. A CD personally autographed to someone is $25.
Wade not only participated in No Shave November, a benefit for St. Judes Children's Hospital, sponsored by WSM-650 AM, HE WON IT
Thanks, Rita Vincent Sanchez, for this pic from Dosey Doe's. He does "grizzled" very well.
ON THE 'NET
Jenny Beth Willis with Wade Hayes singing How Great Thou Art live on The Lanham Brothers Jamboree in Owensboro, KY. Joined by Randy Lanham on fiddle and harmonies, and Chris Armstrong on Guitar. Wade is marvelous with singing harmonies with others (and even more so when he's recording and singing his own harmonies). In fact, when he first came to Nashville, his goal was to be a lead guitarist and harmony singer.
From Branson Live Shows
"Our social media “voice” Ladona Weathers chatted with country music star Wade Hayes about his upcoming Concerts In Branson show on February 14 at The Star, his career, health and new music. WadeHayes will be joined in Branson by Mark Wills and Bryan White for two shows…but ONE DAY ONLY! Click here to get your tickets." or call 844-677-0541
To see the interview, click here.
The Beauty of Music Interview
This 20 minute interview was screened in June of 2013. It's a good video. Realize that at the time Wade was taking chemo for his second go-round of cancer. He'd had a treatment the week before this was shot and again the week after before undergoing another surgery in mid-July.
Fan Zone - Welcome to Fan Zone: Diane Ayers, Kelly Kane, Laney Peerson, Donna Elliott, Sherry McQuerry Gardner, Sara Perry, Branson McDonald
Gallery Page - The Courage Tour
The Courage Tour (Idaho) and Johnetta's Pub 1/31/15
A PERSONAL NOTE
- On Feb. 5, Thursday, I will be having open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. It's capacity has diminished from 3.5 to .8 because of calcification. This is actually a family issue. My mother had it. My younger brother had this surgery 3 years ago. My other siblings (younger sister and younger brother) have the heart murmur that in this case is an initial sign. I'm a good candidate for the surgery. The tests I've had indicate that my heart is strong and undamaged and my arteries are clear. I will be in the hospital 5 - 7 days (the first two in ICU) followed by 10-14 days of inpatient therapy. Then comes outpatient therapy. I'll be able to drive in a month, but shouldn't lift over 3 lbs. for 8 weeks. I've whittled my purse (otherwise known as my 'survival kit') down to 2 lbs. 10 oz. LOL Followed by a period where I can't lift over 20 lbs. Now, how am I going to travel like that?? I'll sure find a way. I'm looking forward to more years of Wade-ing, and meeting more of you.
NOTES AND REVIEWS
The Courage Tour
Coeur d'Alene, ID - Kootenai County Fairgrounds - November 18, 2014
- Michael Peterson, Wade Hayes, Bryan White
- Good venue and an enthusiastic crowd. Michael began his section of the show with pics and narrative on tours he'd taken to perform for military personnel. He did his hits and some cover songs as well as a good rendition of I'm My Own Grandpa.
- Wade performed, Good Day to Go Crazy and On a Good Night before remarking that he’d had a long face all day. The fiddle player had broken his collar bone and couldn’t make the trip. Wade was unable to secure another one at the last minute. He continued with The Day that She Left Tulsa, Don't Stop, Go Live Your Life, I'm Still Dancin' with You, and Old Enough to Know Better. Many crowd members were singing along with him. As they were for Bryan White singing, Look at Me, Ring Around the Rosey, I'm Not Supposed to Love You Any More and others.
- To close the show all 3 came together on Glen Campbell’s Wichita Lineman and Steve Wariner's Linda.
- Thanks to Susan Maki for the pictures.
Johnetta's Pub - Bowling Green, KY - January 31, 2015
We had a great time. It's a very comfortable venue. And what a supportive crowd! Randy Lanham and Wade make for a great acoustic show. Great music for sure! Some pics have been posted at the woww-pics site. Mine didn't turn out very well, so I'm waiting to get more from others.
FAN HELP IN PROMOTING WADE
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF HIS MATERIAL - pic, name, logo, signature
Wade and any other knowledgeable person will testify that Wade has some of the best, most supportive fans n the music industry. Your support of him and his music has lifted his Facebook Fan page to the stratosphere of over 121,000 likes. Way to Go!
As Wade enters a new and exciting phase of his career, his management team wants to thank you for your past and your future support. You’ve been positive and respectful in your online comments and you’ve posted many great pictures. It is of immense help to Wade when you post your best pictures - without red-eye and without blurring. As you look at the pictures you plan to post, please eliminate any pictures that could be considered unflattering. They may well remind you of a special time, but think of them from the artist’s viewpoint. Wade is at his best now. Show him off, proudly!
- We need to call this issue to the attention of fans. Any item for sale that looks like official merchandise - that is - contains the Wade Hayes name, logo, picture or signature must have written approval from his management. All of those emblems of Wade are owned by him as part of his business. Even if they are being sold to benefit a charity, the design must be submitted to and approved by management in writing.
WADE ON SHOW - TAPING FOR COUNTRY FAMILY REUNION - update
Wade worked with the Country's Family Reunion crew and cast for 2 sessions. One is a Tribute to Ray Price. The other is a Tribute to Honky Tonk music. And Wade says, "Just happens to be my kinda music!!"
Country's Family Union (CFR) is a much loved weekly show that features traditional country musicians sharing their songs and stories. The shows will air on RFD-TV on Friday evening (7 pm Central Time; re-run on Saturday at 5 am and 11 pm.Monday at 12:30)
All 4 weeks of the Ray Price Tribute have been shown. The DVDs are for sale. Currently, they are re-running their sweetheart series. I don't seen any plans for the Tribute to Honky Tonk yet, though they are advertising that they will run a new series starting the first week in March.
Here's the page to shop for videos. The Ray Price series is available. Wade's performance is at the 30 minute point on the first video in the set.
Social Media - Wade's Facebook Fan Page, Friend's Page and Twitter link
"A Place to Turn Around" - SOLD OUT
If you don't have this in your collection, you missed a real gem. ThatNashvilleSound.com listed it as one of its top 10 albums of 2009 - "the most underrated album of the year."
You can order MP3 downloads from iTunes and Amazon.com.
You can order an MP3 disc of the entire album from Amazon.com
Links to either or on this page:
In their review - "With apologies to Yogi Berra, it’s time to rediscover Wade Hayes for the first time. Place To Turn Around is everything that is great about indie records. Imagine hanging around your favorite honkytonk bar and hearing an artist singing great neo-traditional country music with acoustic guitars, fiddle and steel and buying an album at the side of the stage following the performance. And then imagine that the artist you were listening wasn’t some unknown band, but a road-tested Nashville songwriter and musician with many hits under his belt. That is the experience of listening to Wade Hayes brand new album" .. Read More
Video for Is It Already Time? has been posted
You may view it at this site.
Get the word out - use your facebook page, your twitter account, your e-mail to ask your friends to view this video. It's hard to imagine that there's anyone left in these United States who hasn't had a friend or a family member who's faced this situation. You can tell them, too, that from the beginning Wade's odds of making it were poor. Now he stands on the side of good health and is rebuilding his life and his career. Praise God!
The Links page is your source for finding pics, videos, reviews on other sites.
For early Wade Hayes archives visit Cheryl Hill's site. We appreciate the time and expertise that Cheryl has contributed over the years to feature Wade.
Refer talent buyers to Wade's management
Mike Robertson Management
If you want to see Wade in your local area, ask your favorite venues to seek booking information.
Supplemental Booking - especially Texas
If your venue is interested in booking Wade, an offer can be submitted at this site:
Welcome Colleen from England!
WOWW!, an e-mail newsletter to Wade Hayes fans, began in December, 1997. Subscribers reside in FIFTY (50) states as well as -
Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, Germany, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Scotland, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, New Zealand, Hong Kong.
WOWW! News / Helen Neal
P O Box 148274
Nashville, TN 37214
Messages for Wade can be sent to the same address. Mark ATTN: Wade Hayes
Wade has requested, "No presents, please."
Wade Hayes Appearance Details
Check with venues before travelling.