(FOA CoG, SMT inc school business manager)
We have been made aware of a change to the Statutory Requirements for school websites.
From 1st September 2012 all maintained* school websites must show the following information:
In brief, schools now have to supply the following information on their website:
- Contact details
- Admission arrangements or where they may be found (community and voluntary controlled schools only)
- Link to Ofsted Report
- Most recent key stage 2 results
- Most recent key stage 4 results
- Link to school performance tables on www.education.gov.uk
- School curriculum information for each year group by subject, including phonics/reading schemes and key stage 4 courses/qualifications as appropriate
- Behaviour policy
- Pupil Premium allocation, use and impact on attainment
- SEN policy
- Charging and remissions policy
- School’s ethos and values
*(academies and free schools must already show this.)
The governing body is therefore responsible for:
- Ensuring that the information above is published on the school website – or arranging for the information to be displayed on a website, and the address/details made known to parents
- Providing a paper copy of the information published on the website, without charge, to parents on request
- Making sure that the information is updated as soon as is reasonably practicable following a change to that information and, in any event, at least annually
If you do not have the capacity to gather this informaiton and put it online we are proposing to set up a prominent link from your current website to a new page hosted by us dedicated to these statutory requirements.
This means your visitors will know where to find the information and you will be able to keep a check that it is up to date.
The charge for this will be only £99 per year to collate the information, set up the page and maintain it. It will be your responsibility to ensure we always have the most up to date documents but we will send regular reminders during the year.
We also offer a complete school website building and maintenance package for just £499 per year.
If either of these services are of interest to you, do drop me a line.
PS Have a great start to the term. : )