All of the old content is still available, and you will see plenty of new features.
- The website is more interactive. Once you register, you can join the conversation by commenting online about any article you read in the Philadelphia Jewish Voice. Click on "Post a comment" at the end of the article.
- You can sound off on issues of your own choosing. If your piece is well written and of interest to the community, we will feature it on the front page. Click on "New Diary" in the menu in the left column.
- Authors can easily include an online poll in their articles.
- A "print friendly view" of each article is available via a link at the end of the article.
- Another link at the end of each article will allow you to email to the article to your friends.
- A Search bar allows you to find the articles which interest you.
- An Event Calendar for the Philadelphia Jewish Community is displayed. If your group would like to have its events listed in our community calendar, register on our website and contact me and I will authorize your group to enter events on the calendar.
Material will be posted online as soon as it is ready, so please check our website frequently for new content. (If you use RSS feeds such as Google Reader
, the Philadelphia Jewish Voice is now compatible with that.)
Currently, on our website you will find:
- A review of a posh new Israeli restaurant in Society Hill.
- A Gaza update with remarks by US Pres. Obama and PA Pres. Abbas along with an Israeli video with the truth about "Humanitarian Flotilla"
- An article on Israel's Security, "What the Media has Underreported" by Rep. Steve Rothman.
Check our website frequently for additions from day to day. The following features are in the works and we hope to share them with you soon.
- Doc Jess's interview with Congressional Candidate Manan Trivedi.
- Learn about Jewish traditions of eating Locust!
- Goldie Milgram writes about the Special Olympics.
- and much more...
Please tell us what you think of the new format.
Ellen Witman email@example.com, and
Dan Loeb firstname.lastname@example.org