Enjoy a nice tranquil paddle in the Kent countryside, with the slight thrill of the occasional canoe chute? Well the Medway is the trip for you
Starting at 10am, we will meet at Tonbridge Slipway car park (For SatNav users use the postcode TN9 1HR) and offload kit/boats, before running a shuttle to Yalding Weir (ME18 6HH). We would expect to be finished by 4pm and for anybody collecting - there is a nice pub/tea shop next to yalding weir whilst you wait!
Participants should dress according to the weather conditions and craft they are intending to paddle. Even though it will be July, a lightweight waterproof coat is advised to reduce wind chill. There is a risk of capsize on the canoe chutes, so a change of clothes in a waterproof bag that can be stored in your boat is advised. Paddlers will need to bring a packed lunch as there are no lunch facilities nearby.
- The cost of the trip will be £3 per person payable on the day. SSWAC have canoes/kayaks available to hire if arranged in advance.
In order to attend this trip you will need to be:
- Able to paddle at a level of at least BCU 1 Star or Paddlepower Level 5
- Confident in paddling 16km (particularly younger people)
- DBS checked (Scout Association) if you are an adults
- Be a member of a Scout Association Group
Surrey Scout Water Activities Club (SSWAC)