The Philadelphia Jewish Voice
brings you the latest news, commentary and analysis every day. Please check in frequently and tell your friends to do the same. Here is some of our recent content you may have missed.
- In our exclusive interview of Rep. Joe Sestak, Charlie Smolover grills Pennsylvania's Democratic Senate candidate on a wide range of topics, while Peter Joseph defends Sestak in the face of mudslinging from the "Emergency Committee for Israel".
- Praise and condemnation is showered on the Anti-Defamation League for opposing the construction of a new Mosque blocks away from Ground Zero.
- Community News: The August event calendar, Gratz College's Adult Learning Opportunities, The Reconstructionist Rabbinical College, a new Jewish early learning center opens in Center City Philadelphia, Searching for Lior at the Pennsylvania Special Olympics.
- The US strengthens military cooperation with Israel and homeland security for synagogues.
- Bonnie Squires briefs us on Sen. Bob Casey's trip to the Middle East.
- Benyamin Netanyahu appears on Fox and CBS.
- Rabbis Golub and Milgram argue for and against Israel's Rotem Conversion Bill.
- The story of Shirley Sherrod reminded Rabbi Arthur Waskow of an extraordinary moment he lived through that involved her husband, Rev. Charles Sherrod.
- The NJDC and NAACP speak on racism and abusive Holocaust rhetoric, California is forcing the French national railway to come to grips with their role in the Holocaust, and the Department of Defense uses comic books to explain their "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy on homosexuals in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Instead of a special "Letters to the Editor" column, we now provide comments by our readers directly after each article. Please share your thoughts by clicking on "Post a Comment" in the grey bar at the bottom of any article. Other links at the bottom of each article will allow you to print the article or email it to a friend.
If you have your own story to tell, click on "New Diary" in the menu on top left of the window and write your own article. Contact email@example.com if you need any help.
Check out the "Event Calendar
" in the left menu bar. If your group would like to have its events listed in our community calendar, register on our website and contact me and I will authorize your group to enter events on the calendar.
Material will be posted online as soon as it is ready, so please check our website frequently for new content. (If you use RSS feeds such as Google Reader
, the Philadelphia Jewish Voice is now compatible with that.)
Thank you for your support of the Philadelphia Jewish Voice.
Yours, Dan Loeb firstname.lastname@example.org