Twas the week before playoffs…
Tailgating info for Foxboro is below, but as this is the last week of the Bills season, we want to thank you all for the amazing year at the Harp. This was the first year in a while the Bills were in it so late into the season, and it was great to see so many of you packing the Harp well into December. While we can't control the product on the field, we love the energy you bring to the bar each Sunday. Thanks for your incredible generosity on Charity Day, setting a new record raised during the event! We look forward to seeing you all back at the Harp next season. Be sure to spread the word about the group to any new WNY'ers that move to Boston over the offseason.
Here's the info on this week:
This week @ The Harp:
Wanna know what really ticks off Boston fans? When you pack a bar in their city with fans cheering for the opponent. So come on down to the Harp and cheer on your Bills!
Kickoff is @ 1pm.
This week @ Gillette Stadium:
Lucky enough to have a ticket to the game? Come on down and join our annual Bills Backers Pinto Ron Foxboro Tailgate! We’ll be joined by arguably the most famous Bills fan, Ken “Pinto Ron” Johnson. Ken’s known for attending over 300 consecutive home and away games, and got his nickname for the Ford Pinto he drives to every Bills home game that’s the centerpiece of some massive tailgate celebrations. Here’s the info for the tailgate:
Cost: $50/vehicle (expensive, we know. But at least it’s a private lot so your $$ isn’t going to Robert Kraft)
Time: Lot officially opens at 8:30am, but we’ve been told they’ll allow people in starting at 8:00am.
Where in the lot is the party?
- We generally set up shop along the tree line in the back of the lot.
What time should I show up?
- The lot opens at 11am, and they start filling in cars from the back of the lot (where we normally set up shop). The only way they can guarantee parking next to a group is to show up together. So if you’re not there early enough to be part of the main group, just park nearby and bring your stuff over.
What if the lot is full?
- The liquor store lot is before the building. There is another larger lot IMMEDATELY past the Liquor Store lot in a large field (you can see it on the google maps link above) behind the liquor store building. You can park there and just walk over the low guardrail in the back of the lot to join the party.
I’m going with Pats fans, will they have fun?
- It should be a pretty friendly environment for them. Our group is surrounded by Pats fans every year, and sometimes a few are mixed up in the middle. They’ve been very friendly in the past, and many of them ask to partake in Bills tailgate traditions like the bowling ball shot. We’ve also been known to square off in a drinking game or two. Many Pats fans have told us they have a blast at our tailgate, and a few are coming back to join us this year.
How far is it from the stadium?
- About a 10-12 min walk to the gate. Allow an extra 10-15 min going into to allow for the lines due to searches/pat downs. Also be careful taking a “beverage” with you walking to the stadium as law enforcement here is not as lax as in Orchard Park.
Can we tailgate postgame?
- One of the reasons we picked this lot is it’s not stadium owned, so the rules are a little more lax and they don’t kick you out right after the game. Generally we’ve been able to stick around for an hour or two postgame without a problem, which is great because traffic isn’t as bad by then so the drive home is easier.
Any questions we missed? Drop a post to the wall on the facebook invite above and we’ll be happy to answer.
No matter where you're watching the game on Sunday we hope you have a great time, and that we all get to celebrate a Bills win!
Safe travels to all those heading traveling for the holidays, and Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating this week!
cheers & go bills,
-Bills Backers of Boston