Results of Internet & Healthcare Survey....
Hello RxEconsult Community,
Last week Pew Internet published Health Online 2013, a survey about use of the internet for health care information. They found the following:
- 35% of US adults have used the internet to try and figure out their diagnosis
- 59% looked online for health information in the past year
- 77% of online health searches begin with a search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo); 13% started at a medical information website (e.g., WebMD), and only 1% started their search at a social network like Facebook.
- Reviews of doctors, hospitals, or medical treatments and rankings are not very popular.
What do these findings mean for healthcare professionals and businesses?
- People are looking for healthcare information online and your healthcare knowledge is a powerful marketing tool. Share your knowledge, increase your visibility, find opportunities.
- Share you knowledge on your blog or other websites (e.g., RxEconsult) that are indexed by Google and other search engines. Use social networks like Facebook to increase the visibility of the content you share rather than posting all your content.
- If consumers are trying to figure out their diagnosis or learn about health then provide helpful content but always refer them to the appropriate healthcare provider. If they like your content they will likely view you as an expert and contact you. (Could be the beginning of your online consulting service).
- Use of the internet for medical information continues to grow. Healthcare professionals should join the party.
Thank you for spending time with us.
O. Ogbru, PharmD
CEO | Founder
Help Us Grow by Inviting Your Colleagues
- From the main navigation menu
- Select My Network
- Select Invite Contacts
- Choose 'No Import' to enter email addresses
- Choose 'Import Contacts' to import addresses from your Gmail or Yahoo mail accounts (We do not store emails of your contacts and it is secure)
- Choose 'Invite Contacts' to invite contacts form Facebook and Linkedin
- Select Add Connections (Orange button, from home page or next to your avatar at top right corner of each page)
- This will open the invite Contact page. Follow the same process above.
Once your friends join the network connect with them so you can easily share new information and your activities via your home page communication wall.
If we all invite 10 friends we can significantly increase the size of the community. Thank you for contributing to growth of the community.
Last week our servers were down for several hours and during the reboot process we lost some data. Some of you could not access the site and may not have been able to sign in. Some posts were also lost in the procees. We have restored 99% of the site and are working to correct some minor issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.