The campaign to free
Midwest & California tours next week
Events next week in Minneapolis, Washburn, Madison, Ann Arbor, Sacramento, Fresno, Los Angeles, Ventura, Palm Springs and San Diego, presented by Courage to Resist organizers Jeff Paterson and Emma Cape.
with Emma Cape (photo right), Courage to Resist / Bradley Manning Support Network campaign organizer
- Sunday, March 25 - Minneapolis, MN
3:00 pm Mayday Books, 301 Cedar Ave.
- Monday, March 26 - Washburn, WI
6:30 pm, Washburn Free Public Library,
307 Washington Ave.
- Tuesday, March 27 - Madison, WI
5:00 pm, Rainbow Bookstore Co-op,
426 W Gilman St.
Info/dir: 608-257-6050 / todd(at)ivaw.org
- Wednesday, March 28 - Ann Arbor, MI
7:00 pm, Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice (Northside Presbyterian/St. Aidan's),
Info/dir: bill(at)icpj.org / 734-663-1870
- Thursday, March 29 - Detroit, MI
6:00 pm, Occupy Detroit Community Activist Center, 5900 Michigan Ave. Info/dir: cr8nit(at)gmail.com / 313-903-0435
CALIFORNIA events with Jeff Paterson, Courage to Resist Project Director / Bradley Manning Support Network Steering Committee member
- Saturday, March 24 - Ukiah, CA
2:00 pm, Vets Memorial Building,
293 Seminary Ave. Veterans for Peace NorCal Regional conference. Info/dir: sscalmanini(at)yahoo.com
- Tuesday, March 27 -Sacramento, CA
7:00 pm, Time Tested Books,
1114 21st St.
civillib(at)comcast.net / 916-447-5696
Wednesday, March 28 - Fresno, CA
6:30 pm, Fresno Center for Nonviolence,
C.A.F.E. Infoshop, 935 F St. Info/dir:
- Thursday, March 29 - Santa Monica, CA
6:30 pm, Church in Ocean Park Sanctuary & Community Center,
235 Hill St. Info/dir: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, March 30 (morning) - Los Angeles, CA
7:00 am, Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace,
817 W 34th St.
Info/dir: icujp(at)pacbell.net / 213-748-1643
- Friday, March 30 (evening) - Ventura, CA
6:00 pm, Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura,
5654 Ralston St. Info/dir:
- Saturday, March 31 - Palm Springs, CA
6:30 pm, Crystal Fantasy Shop,
268 N. Palm Canyon Dr. Info/dir:
- Sunday, April 1 - San Diego, CA
6:00 pm, Friends Center,
3850 Westgate Place.
Manning, a 24-year-old Army intelligence analyst, faces life
for allegedly sharing the “Collateral Murder” video of
attack that killed 11 civilians and wounded two children in
Iraq with the WikiLeaks website. Bradley has also been
blowing the whistle on the “Iraq War Logs”, the “Afghan
“Gitmo Files”, and embarrassing US State Department
cables. All of the
documents released have added significantly to
public knowledge of war
crimes, civilian casualties, government
corruption, and the
over-classification of information. No one has been
harmed and the
information has helped fuel pro-democratic protests
knows what happens now. Hopefully worldwide discussion,
reforms… I want people to see the truth… because without
you cannot make informed decisions as a public.
–an online chat attributed to Bradley Manning
Bradley Manning Support Network campaign organizers Jeff Paterson and Emma Cape will provide a multi-media presentation to include:
- An overview of US v. Bradley Manning
- Reports from the Fort Meade courtroom where Bradley's pre-trial motion hearings are taking place
- Updates on the international grassroots campaign
- An opportunity to make a tax-deductible donation to Bradley’s
fund, which in addition to supporting public education efforts
responsible for 100% of Bradley’s legal expenses
- Introduction to the new Courage to Resist book, About Face: Military Resisters Turn Against War—from Army Lt. Ehren Watada to PFC Bradley Manning, and two dozen other stories. Published by PM Press, September 2011.