To say a lot is going on in Hoboken is an understatement… so much so that I couldnt keep the dates straight (see below)!
RECAP ON RALLIES
When the community comes together, the sun shines on all of us! Last weekend’s rallies brought thousands of Hoboken neighbors together to engage in community activities and issues. From those standing in line at the Uptown Ferry Friday discussing the threats to our waterfront and environment, to those who stood shoulder to shoulder with our students to make their voices against gun control heard. From the many who assembled to tell Governor Murphy to address the environmental and quality of life concerns of Hoboken in his decision making process for an expanded and better transportation system for NJ. To the almost 700 who came together for a day of service to clean up our public spaces. This is #ourhoboken. Engaging. Informing. Advocating.
Here are some links to the media coverage of the #ProtectOurWaterfront Rally Friday night: NJ12 and ABC7NY
WHAT'S COMING UP?
Some highlights I thought you might find interest…
- CORRECTION! TONIGHT! 6pm: Public meeting to discuss future of Multi Service Center, 124 Grand St.
- EARTH WEEK: Donation Recycling Dropoff at All Saints Day School (7th & Wash and 6th and Clinton) from 3-630. Click here for the FB post to learn more and what can be donated.
April 26th, Thursday
- All Day: EARTH WEEK: Transportation Day – Ride The HOP free! If you are not familiar with how to ride Hoboken’s HOP bus, click here to learn more.
- 6pm-8pm: 4th Annual Take Back the Night march to fight against domestic and sexual abuse hosted by Stevens, Hoboken and Carepoint Health. At Babbio Patio at Stevens.
April 30th, Monday
- 7pm - Affordable Housing Community Meeting to discuss the future of affordable housing in Hoboken and initiatives to help keep housing affordable. At the Multi Service Center, 124 Grand St.
May 9th, Wednesday
- 7pm-9pm Rebuild By Design Public Meeting at Wallace Cafeteria. This meeting is to kick off the exciting Design Phase of the project. What it will actually look like! Please come to meet the Design Team, learn how the design will occur, and find out how you can and will be a part of these decisions. The northern part of the project is often well represented at these meetings (keep coming!), so I want to make a special appeal to those who are particularly interested in what this means for the southern part of the project where we have had little community input to date.
- Coffee with A Cop returns to the 2nd Ward! The first in 2018 was held 4/20 at Onieals in the 6th ward. Police Chief Ferrante has assured me that the second stop will be in the 2nd! I will be meeting with him next week to finalize a date for June. If you have any suggestions on the time of day that works best, please feel free to send them through to me.