Current Specials and Packages
Drake's Raid Special
To honor St Augustine's history we encourage you to stay three weekday nights in June and receive one free ticket for the Schooner Freedom. See our specials page for further details.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in June
425 years ago on June 6th, 1586 twenty-three ships approached the harbor of the Spanish colonial city of St. Augustine with 2000 Englishmen under the command of Sir Francis Drake. Reliving this historic event; this Saturday, June the 4th in the late afternoon, Drake and his followers will descend on the city’s historic district. In the early evening you will witness the English attack on the town, the Spanish residents’ defense, with pike and musket skirmishes, and the simulated destruction of the town by the invaders.
Thursday Night Concerts in the Plaza are back!
Bring your chair and enjoy an evening concert in St. Augustine's Plaza de la Constitucion every Thursday night thru Labor Day weekend and enjoy the cool breezes and the local flair under a canopy of live oaks as you enjoy live entertainment provided by popular local entertainers.
Location: Plaza de la Constitucion
Time: 7 - 9 p.m.
Best Bets for June:
- June 2nd
- Concerts in the Plaza - Mid-Life Crisis
- June 3rd - First Friday Art Walk
- June 4th - Drake's Raid
- June 9th - Concerts in the Plaza - Big Pineapple
- June 9th-12th- Fountain Mercury King Buster 400
- June 15th - Acoustic Alchemy - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- June 15th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour - St. Augustine Lighthouse
- June 16th - Concerts in the Plaza - Bob Peck and Friends
- June 17th - July 10 - Assassins - Limelight Theatre - limited days
- June 19th - 25th - St Augustine Music Festival - This is a free 6-concert series held on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings starting at 7:30 p.m. Musicians from the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra will be joined by nationally renowned artists performing in the Cathedral Basilica.
- June 23rd - Concerts in the Plaza - Bob and Joline and The Friends of Mine Band
- June 25th - Uptown Saturday Night
- June 25th - 26th - 245th Annual Greek Landing Day Celebration
- June 30th - Concerts in the Plaza - The Driftwoods
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have nearly two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Jan for your recipe for the Grape Salad that will compliment any meal or function!
...And by special request!
1 stick butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups cottage cheese
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. garlic pepper
1 tsp. sugar
Melt butter in a small saucepan, add flour and cook until smooth. Beat eggs, add milk, cheeses, baking powder, garlic pepper, sugar and butter/flour mixture. Stir well until blended. Pour into well greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with salsa.
Cleaning tip: It is grilling season and barbecue stains are waiting to happen. Try flushing the stain from the backside of the garment immediately and pre-treat with a stain remover. For white fabrics try blotting the stain with a mild mixture of bleach 1 to 20 ratio or for colors try Hydrogen peroxide or vinegar.
Inn the Know:
Pat Croce's Pirate and Treasure Museum has been a tremendous success, featuring 7,000 square feet of authentic pirate memorabilia and treasures. With the creative help of Disney, this has been a welcome addition to the many things to see and do in St Augustine.
The St. Augustine Fireworks show is one of the best displays on the Southeast Coast. Watch them over Matanzas Bay, just off shore from the Castillo de San Marco. Book early, bring a chair and watch the show. No car traffic to deal with, just walk back to your favorite St Augustine Inn.