Government Bureau of Meteorology
PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING for DAMAGING WIND
people in parts of the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Issued at 10:24 am Tuesday, 19 February 2013.
Intense showers are currently located off the Sydney and Central Coast
and are moving towards the coast. Waterspouts have been observed near
Damaging winds are possible near waterspouts. Locations which may be
affected include Kurnell, Manly,
Maroubra, Mona Vale, Palm Beach, and Bondi Beach.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT)
on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 11:20 am.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the
Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and
State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast