Northern Beaches Council
NSW health has reported 28 cases of Covid 19 on the
Northern Beaches (as at midday 18/12/2020).
To assist contact tracing and to contain any potential
spread of COVID-19, NSW Health asks that from Friday 18
December to Sunday 20 December 2020, people living in the
Northern Beaches Local Government Area take the following
Work from home and remain at home as much as possible.
Do not visit friends or relatives in
aged care facilities or hospitals unless essential.
Avoid unnecessary gatherings.
Keep to your household group.
Avoid visiting high-risk venues
including clubs, restaurants, places of worship and gyms.
Avoid unnecessary travel outside the
Northern Beaches area.
People from outside the area should avoid unnecessary
travel to the Northern Beaches during this time.
NSW Health has issued advice about locations where
self-isolation and testing is required
monitoring for symptoms is required
confirmed COVID-19 cases traveled on
public transport routes
COVID-19 virus fragments detected in
Following the release from NSW Health last night
requesting all Northern Beaches residents stay home for
the next three days in an effort to prevent any further
spread of COVID locally, Council has taken steps to
support the Government’s action and protect the health of
Please see the NSW
Public Health Alert for more details.
Effective from today (Friday 18 December) and for the next
3 days, Council will continue to operate only essential
services such as waste collection, childcare, Meals on
Wheels, road maintenance and customer service will be
maintained online and via the phone.
However, all other facilities and services will be
temporarily closed until Sunday 20 December, including:
- Skate parks and playgrounds
- Community sporting activities in parks and reserves
- Outdoor gyms
- Manly and Warringah aquatic centres
- All community centres
- Glen Street, Dee Why and Forestville library
branches and community libraries
- Glen Street Theatre
- Manly Art Gallery and Museum
- Creative Space in North Curl Curl
- Manly Visitor Information Centre
- Kimbriki Buy Back Centre and the Eco House &
- Environmental centres and programs
- The Aboriginal Heritage Office in Freshwater
- Council managed golf and tennis courts
NSW public health alert - urgent call for testing
18 December 2020
Due to increasing COVID-19 case numbers associated with
the Avalon cluster and concerns over wider transmission,
NSW Health is issuing an urgent call to all residents of
NSW – not only those in the Northern Beaches – to
monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
Anyone in the state with even the mildest symptoms such
as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose,
is asked to come forward immediately for testing, then
isolate until a negative result is received.
The source of these infections remains under
investigation, though genome sequencing points to the
strain being of US origin.
Residents of the Northern Beaches have been asked to
stay home as much as possible over the next three days
to assist with contact tracing and reducing
Anyone in the Northern Beaches LGA has also been asked
today to wear a mask when indoors for at least the next
72 hours, excepting your own home.
Confirmed cases of COVID-19 have visited a number of
locations around Sydney.
Close and casual contacts:
Anyone who attended the following locations is considered
a close contact and must get tested and isolate for 14
days regardless of the result:
- Sienna Marina, 7-41 Cowper Wharf Road, Woolloomoolo,
11 December, 12-2pm.
- Anyone who spent one hour or longer at the
restaurant at this time must get tested and isolate
until December 25. Other patrons should monitor for
symptoms, and isolate and get tested immediately if
- Pilgrims Vegetarian Café, 97 Gerrale St, Cronulla,
16 December 11.30am-2.30pm
- Anyone who was at the café during this time for one
hour or more must be tested immediately and isolate
until 30 December. Other patrons should monitor for
symptoms, and get tested immediately if they appear.
- Cronulla RSL Club, 38 Gerrale St, Cronulla on 16
December, 5pm to closing time.
- Anyone who was at the RSL at this time must get
tested and isolate until further notice. Close
contacts will need to isolate until 30 December.
People who have visited the following locations are casual
contacts, and should get tested immediately and isolate
until they receive a negative result:
- Hair by Erika, Village Shopping Centre Lane Cove, 11
- Rusti Fig Café Newport, 12 December, 9-10am
- • Salon of Hair Turramurra, 15 December, 10am-3pm,
and 16 December, 9.30am-3.30pm
- • Coles Newport, 11 December, 5-7pm, and 12
- Hills Florist, Terrey Hills, 12 December, 8-8.45am –
close contacts have been contacted directly by NSW
- Restaurant Lovat, Newport, 12 December, 2.15-2.25pm
- Nourished Wholefood Café, Avalon, 12 December,
- RAN Sailing Association Darling Point, Navy Bear
Café and Christmas party, 13 December, 10am 4pm
- Sabiang Thai Restaurant, 4/49 Old Barrenjoey Rd,
Avalon Beach, 13 December, 6-8pm
- Seven West Media Building, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh,
14 December, 8-11.30am
- Mentmore and Morley Café and public toilets, 55
Mentmore Ave, Roseberry, 14 December 10am-3pm
- Harris Farm, Mona Vale Plaza, 14 December,
- Paris Seafood Café, 136 Cronulla, 15 December,
- Cronulla Mall, 15 December, 8-9pm and 16 December
- Blend @ Grantham Café, Riverstone, 16 December
- Westfield Bondi Junction, 15 December, 1-2.30pm
- Forest Way Fruit Market, 2 Myoora St, Terrey Hills,
16 December, 4-4.10pm
Confirmed cases travelled on the following transport
services. Other passengers are considered to be casual
contacts, and should get tested and isolate until a
negative result is received.
Many other locations have been added to the list of venues
of concern visited by confirmed cases in recent days. The
complete list of these venues are available on the NSW
Health website www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
- Ferry from Palm Beach to Wagstaffe, 16 December,
- Forest Coach Lines buses between Forestville and the
- Route 273, 15 December, Departing Jamieson Square,
Forestville, 7.10am and arriving QVB, 8am
- Route 271, 15 December, Departing QVB 5.25pm and
arriving Austlink Business Park Belrose 6.28pm
- Route 273, 16 December, Departing Jamieson Square,
Forestville 7.10am and arriving QVB, CBD, 8am
- Route 271, 16 December, Departing QVB 5.25pm and
arriving Austlink Business Park Belrose, 6.28pm
Everyone is urged to ensure they maintain physical
distance at all times. Please wear a mask in places where
this is not possible, such as on public transport and in
taxis and rideshares, in supermarkets, shopping centres
and at places of worship.
All businesses are urged to ensure full compliance with
their COVID-Safe plans, including appropriate electronic
recording of patrons’ contact details.
There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across
NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find
your nearest clinic visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics
or contact your GP.
Source - https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20201218_02.aspx
Community Vehicle Xmas
Church Point Ferry Service
Sewpro Pty Ltd - Holiday Closure
Thank you again for your local support throughout 2020
I will be away on leave from 22nd Dec 2020 to 18th Jan
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Best regards, your offshore plumber
Polycraft For Sale
For Six Months or more at a reasonable cost
Elvina or Lovett Bay areas .
- Retired active couple used to Island living
- Starting this year or next .
We own our home on South
Coast but would love to return to Pittwater in the
near future .
Tel 0435758776 or 0414604748
would like to contribute to this newsletter it's
easy!. Send an e-mail to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or by clicking
here. Type your contribution
(100 words or so would be fine) and assuming it is of
general interest to the community, does not include
matter of a political nature and is not offensive,
it will appear next month.
To get on and off this newsletter,
here or got to: http://www.scotlandisland.org.au/signup
To change your address, click the
'modify' link at the bottom of this newsletter or send
an email to the email@example.com
Follow the PON
The Online Local Contacts Guide
expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily the
views of the Scotland Island Residents Association
(SIRA), or the Western Pittwater Community