Current Specials and Packages
Annual Independence Day Barbecue
In honor of our Independence, Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast will be holding its Annual Independence Day Barbecue from 5 - 6:30 p.m. and is free to our overnight guests. The fireworks start at 9:30 in the Matanzas Bay near the Castillo de San Marco. Bring a lawn chair and be ready for one of the best shows on the East Coast.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in July
Fireworks over the Matanzas is billed as one of the best displays of fireworks on the East Coast and the single largest event in the downtown historic district of St Augustine. The festivities start with patriotic music in the Plaza de la Constitucion from 6 - 8 p.m. The restaurants will be overwhelmed and for the courtesy of our overnight guests, we will be holding our Annual Independence Day Barbecue from 5 - 6:30 p.m. The Fireworks over the Matanzas begins at 9:30 p.m. The city will be closing roads and rerouting traffic starting at 8:30 p.m., so arrive early!
Thursday Night Concerts in the Plaza
Bring your chair and enjoy an evening concert in St. Augustine's Plaza de la Constitucion every Thursday night thru Labor Day weekend and enjoy the cool breezes and the local flair under a canopy of live oaks as you enjoy live entertainment provided by popular local entertainers.
Location: Plaza de la Constitucion
Time: 7 - 9 p.m.
Best Bets for July:
- July 1st
- First Friday Art Walk
- July 1st - World Golf Village Fireworks
- July 1st - 2nd - PGA Tour Golf Academy Clinics
- July 4th - 4th of July top of the St Augustine Lighthouse
- July 4th - Patriotic music in the Plaza de la Constitucion - 6-8 p.m.
- July 4th - Fireworks over the Matanzas - 9:30 p.m.
- July 7th - Concerts in the Plaza - The Falling Bones
- July 8th - 10th - Kingfish Challenge
- July 9th - 10th - PGA Tour Golf Academy Clinics
- July 10th - Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald - St Augustine Amphitheatre
- July 14th - Concerts in the Plaza - The Company
- July 15th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- July 16th - Bridge of Lions 5K Run
- July 16th - Privateer's Ball
- July 16th - 17th - PGA Tour Golf Academy Clinics
- July 17th - Wiz Khalifa performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- July 21st - Concerts in the Plaza - The Restless Kind
- July 21st - Toby Keith performs at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- July 28th - Concerts in the Plaza - Ancient City Slickers
- July 30th - Further, featuring Bob Weir & Phil Lesh at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- July 30th - Uptown Saturday Night
- July 31st - Selena Gomez performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Jeannie for your Tomato Pie and Chicken Tart recipes
...And to compliment that John's Barbecue Brisket!
John's Favorite Barbecue Sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
14 oz bottle of catsup
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons celery seed
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally and cook for 10 minutes.
Cleaning tip: When Bleaching our clothing we commonly think of bleach, but it isn't always the best choice. Bleach alternatives include: Hydrogen Peroxide, Vinegar, and diluted lemon juice.