- Romney crushes the opposition in his home state of Massachusetts with 72% of the vote.
- Romney wins in nearby Vermont with 40% of the vote.
- In Virginia, only Romney and Paul were on the ballot. Romney wins 60% to 40%.
- Romney won big with 62% of the vote inIdaho thanks in part to its large Mormon population.
- Romney also wins in the Alaska caucus. In Wasilla, Palin refused to say who she voted for, but said she would be available in case of a brokered convention.
- CNN is now calling Ohio . Romney squeaks by Santorum 453,927 to 441,908.
- Rick Santorum shows a solid hold of the center of the country with wins in North Dakota, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
- Gingrich wins his home state of Georgia.
- Over the next week, there will be elections in four states and four territories. Santorum is favored in the Kansas Caucus this Saturday. On Tuesday, Gingrich has a good chance to win the primaries in Alabama and Mississippi. Intrade favors Romney to win the Hawaii Caucus. I have not yet seen any polling for the caucuses in US territories: Guam, American Samoa, the Virgin Islands and the Northern Marianas Islands.
| Other Key Dates
- PBS/NPR Debate, Monday, March 19 at 9pm ET, Portland, OR
- Republican National Convention, August 27-30, Tampa, FL
- Democratic National Convention, September 3-6, Charlotte, NC
- Presidential Debate, Wednesday, October 3, Univ. of Denver, Denver, CO
- Vice-Presidential Debate, Thursday, October 11 at Centre College, Danville, KY
- Presidential Debate, Tuesday, October 16, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
- Presidential Debate, Monday, October 22 at Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
- General Election, Tuesday, November 3
Rick Santorum: Dark green
Mitt Romney: Orange
Newt Gingrich: Purple
Ron Paul: Gold
Rick Perry: Dark blue
Not yet voted: Grey
Mitt Romney: NH FL NV ME AZ MI WY WA VA VT MA ID AK OH
Rick Santorum: IA CO MN MO TN OK ND
Newt Gingrich: SC GA
Mar 10: KS VI GU MP
Mar 13: AL AS HI MS
Mar 17: MO
Mar 18: PR
Mar 20: IL
Mar 24: LA
Apr 3: MD DC WI
Apr 24: CT DE NY PA RI
May 8: IN NC WV
May 15: NE OR
May 22: AR KY
May 29: TX
Jun 5: CA MT NJ NM SD
Jun 26: UT