Current Specials and Packages
Bring your Scariest or just come as you are!
Dare to join us on Halloween Night, October 31st as we celebrate our Annual Halloween Party with a Costume contest and...fabulous food! Win free night stays for funniest, scariest, and most original!
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in October
October in St. Augustine is one of our favorites with mild weather and a busy month for events from concerts to festivals. The Annual Pirate Gathering is becoming quite popular and it is a blast to see all the pirates as they take over the city.
4th Annual Pirate Gathering, October 28th - 30th
Join historians, re-enactors, and "casual" pirates as they celebrate the Golden Age of Piracy at St. Francis Field and the Historic District. The event includes a Privateer's Parade, Thieves Market, Battles, Historic Pub Crawl and the Buccaneer Bash.
Best Bets for October:
- October 1st - 3rd Annual Think Pink in October Motorcycle Run
- October 1st - 31st - Flavors of Florida's Historic Coast
- October 1st - Hispanic Heritage Festival
- October 1st - 2nd - Italian Festival: Feast of San Gennaro
- October 5th - 3 Doors Down perform at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- October 7th - 9th - 14th Annual Greek Festival
- October 7th - First Friday Art Walk
- October 7th - Junior Boys perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 7th - Peter Frampton performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- October 8th - 9th - 23rd Annual St Augustine Colonial Folk Arts and Crafts Festival
- October 8th - EMMA Concert Series: The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- October 13th - Duran Duran perform at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- October 15th - Romanza Big Band Concert: Sentimental Journey
- October 17th - 23rd - The Nationwide Tour - Winn Dixie Open at TPC Sawgrass
- October 23rd - Datil Pepper Festival
- October 28th - 30th - The Pirate Gathering
- October 29th - The Gin Blossoms perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 29th - Uptown Saturday Night
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you June for Grandma Lee's Cornbread recipe
This recipe is a variation on Mom's Pumpkin Bread and the pineapple adds both flavor and moisture to this Carriage Way favorite
Sweet Potato-Pineapple Bread
3-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups of sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 (29-oz.) can sweet potato, drained and mashed
1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple
2/3 cup orange juice
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Sift dry ingredients. Make a well and add eggs, oil, sweet potato, pineapple, orange juice, and nuts. Stir and pour into 2 greased and floured 5" x 9" loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cleaning tip: So you don't know what to do with that bottle of mouthwash that you don't like - try cleaning with it. Clean and shine your sink basin, removes strong garlic odors from your hands, and it will even clean the toilet bowl, which in the end - is probably where it belongs!
Inn the Know:
Food, Glorious Food!
Throughout October, more than 20 participating restaurants offer signature three-course prix-fixe specialties combining the old, the new, the quaint and the quirky. Mm-mmmm.
Book your October 2011 Flavorful Getaway with us today!