Current Specials and Packages
September Lures Lovers to Renew Vows and Rekindle Romance
Every week in September, Sunday - Thursday; the Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast is offering a 'Sweetheart' rate, for a mini-vacation in romantic St. Augustine:
- Stay two nights and your second night is half price
- Stay three nights and your third night is on us!
- Whether celebrating a birthday, toasting an anniversary or renewing your vows, September in St. Augustine is perfect for the art of Amore.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in September
September marks a busy month for St. Augustine history, art and culture. The 446th Founder's Day celebration, a 16th century encampment, the Florida Heritage Book Festival, and the Oak Ridge Boys are just a few of the highlights for September.
The Oak Ridge Boys will be in St. Augustine September 7th
The Oak Ridge Boys will bring their upbeat songs and four-part harmonies, which have sparked dozens of country hits and numerous awards to the St Augustine Amphitheatre. Indiana based and Carriage Way friends, "Touch of Grass" will be the opening act.
When: September 7, 2011
Time: 7 p.m.
Cost: $28, $38 and $48
Best Bets for September:
- September 1st - Concert in the Plaza - Ancient City Farmers
- September 2nd - First Friday Art Walk
- September 3rd - 4th - Beauty and Balance at the VUE from 3 - 6 p.m.
- September 8th - Oak Ridge Boys and A Touch of Grass - St Augustine Amphitheatre
- September 9th - An Evening with Pedro Menendez
- September 10th - 446th Founder's Day Celebration & Mission Nombres de Dios Museum Dedication
- September 10th - 11th - 16th Century St. Augustine Historic Encampment at the Fountain of Youth
- September 12th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- September 15th - 18th - Sawgrass Wine and Spirits Festival
- September 22nd - Incubus performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- September 23rd - 24th - Florida Heritage Book Festival
- September 23rd - 25th - The Year of Magical Thinking plays at the Flagler College Ringhaver Center
- September 24th - 27th Annual Ancient City Auto Club Car Show at the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind
- September 24th - JJ Grey hosts premier of Brighter Days DVD at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- September 24th - Lupe Fiasco performs at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- September 24th - Uptown Saturday Night
- September 25th - SAIRA Food and Wine Festival
- September 29th -30th - The Year of Magical Thinking plays at the Flagler College Ringhaver Center
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Jan for the Grape Salad recipe
Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 cup butter
1-1/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 cups of all purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sugar
Cream butter, sugar, eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. Blend in sour cream. Sift flour with soda and baking powder into creamed mixture. Add vanilla and blend well. Spoon half of the batter into a 9" greased and floured tube pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 nut mixture. Spoon on remaining batter and top with remaining nut mixture. Place in a cold oven set at 350 degrees. Bake about 55 minutes.
Cleaning tip: Considering that the VUE is hosting a guest appreciation event this week, we thought it would be appropriate to discuss makeup stains. Hairspray is an effective remedy for waterproof mascara, foundation or eye shadow. The alcohol in the hairspray dissolves the grease, oil and dyes that are found in most cosmetics. Spray with hairspray and let sit for 10 minutes and then wipe with a clean cloth. Rinse in hot water and launder as usual.
Inn the Know:
Event at the VUE:
Linda and Victoria at Metalartz and the VUE invite you to the VUE as they host a Balance and Beauty event. It is a guest appreciation event, which will offer free skincare analysis and mini-makeovers. Enjoy complimentary hor d'oeuvres and sangria
Date: September 3rd and 4th
Time: 3 - 6 p.m.
Place: 58 Spanish Street