Have you visited MostlyFiction.com lately?
In the last ten days we have posted reviews for:
A BIT OF QUIZ...
It seems we reviewed several books centered on precocious teens. This is not a bad thing. In fact it is interesting how differently each author approaches its subject matter.
Of these books, which:
1) Features sixteen-year-old Frederica, a girl raised from birth in a college dorm by witty and intelligent author? Answer
2) Features sixteen-year-old Blue van Meer, and is part coming of age and part murder mystery, all the while experimenting with writing style? Answer
3) Is a memoir by a guy who grew up with really, really rich parents in 1970s San Francisco (how bad could his life really be)? Answer
We also have some historical novels:
4) Complex 12th century Sicily is the backdrop of this suspenseful novel? Answer
5) Set in 1920s India and based partially on the author's grandmother's life? Answer
6) A book of tough-guy short stories by a new Canadian writer? Answer
7) A sequel to this author's thriller, Beautiful Lies -- in which an act of heroism brings on fame and reveals that the protagonist's life was all a lie? Answer
Answers to the questions in the last newsletter are now included in that newsletter.
As always, your comments are welcome. Tell us what we are doing right and what we can do better and what absolutely irritates you. Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
and the whole review team at
|Powered by YMLP.com|