Current Specials and Packages
Extend your Stay in January and Save
Stay Sunday - Thursday for multiple nights and save. Stay three weekday nights and receive your third night free or two nights and the second night is half off. It is a great time to celebrate a special occasion or surprise someone special with a St. Augustine getaway. Not valid with any other discounts.
Family and Friend Getaway Special
Bring the family or friends to St. Augustine in January and save. Reserve two rooms or more for two or more nights and receive your room for half price. Not valid during holiday weeks or with any other discounts. Room must be of equal or lesser value.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in January
January is a great time to visit St. Augustine, especially if you haven't seen the "Nights of Lights" during this Holiday Season. It is typically a quieter time of the year for tourism and an excellent time to take advantage of our January specials. The Ponte Vedra Concert Hall is serving up some great events and the Ponce de Leon Hotel, the home of Flagler College is celebrating i's 125 year anniversary. Make your reservations now!
St. Augustine Chocolate Tour
Take a journey to the finest chocolatiers in St. Augustine. You will learn the history of chocolate while sampling truffles, pastries, and gooey delights. The 2 hours tour departs at 1:30 p.m. from the Old Town Trolley Welcome Center. Advanced reservations recommended.
When: Every Saturday during January and February
Where: Old Town Trolley Welcome Center - 27 San Marco Avenue
Best Bets for January:
- January 3rd
- Lightner Museum - Curator's Tour
- January 4th - 6th - School of the 16th Century
- January 4th - First Friday Art Walk
- January 5th - EMMA Concert Series: Inspirata
- January 9th - Palace in Paradise: The Hotel Ponce de Leon Turns 125 years old
- January 10th - An Evening with Tom Rush at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- January 11th - The Wood Brothers perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- January 12th - 125th Year Celebration of the Hotel Ponce de Leon
- January 12th - Marcia Ball performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- January 12th - Limelight Theatre's 2013 Gala and "The Best of Broadway" Performance
- January 13th - EMMA Concert Series: Spanish Brass
- January 17th - Sonny Landreth performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- January 18th - 19th - Patriots and the Sea in a British Colony at the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- January 22nd - Richard Thompson performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- January 23rd - Juan Ponce de Leon Finds La Florida
- January 26th - 33rd Annual Matanzas 5000 and Fun Run
- January 26th - EMMA Concert Series: The China National Symphony
- January 27th - Royal Family Transfer of Office
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than five dozen new recipes, but we still need a few more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Francis for your Dinner Roll Recipe, great for the Holidays!
For good luck for the New Years, Mom always fixed this Black-eyed Pea Recipe
4 strips of bacon
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 cups of black-eyed peas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup raw rice
2 cups water (boiling)
salt and pepper to taste
Dice the bacon and fry with the chopped onion. Add to the peas, rice and water. Cover and cook on low heat until rice and peas are done.
Housekeeping tip: This is a winter comfort tip. Apply a thin layer of baby powder on your arms and torso in order to make wool sweaters itch-free.