|Holiday season is upon us!
Happy holiday season! For those who celebrate, I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with family, friends and good food.
The past month has been a bit intense with Sandy relief efforts (proceeds from November sales have gone toward direct purchase and delivery of much-needed items such as batteries and cleaning supplies).
In addition, I've been busy releasing new items, gearing up for the holiday season, and touring the world (well, Paris) with my skincare! More details are below.
In the meantime, visit Soapwalla
to purchase a treat for yourself or a loved one, create a customized gift package, and to check for special promotions.
Soapwalla Holiday Open House
For those who prefer purchasing in person (I love to put faces to names!), or who need last minute presents, Saturday, December 22nd, 1-4pm I'll be hosting an open house at the studio. Swing by for a cup of hot spiced cider, try my famous brownies (vegan and gluten-free!) and do some shopping!
232 Third Street, Ste B304, Brooklyn
. R train to Union; Atlantic Terminal is a short 10 minute walk.
Featured Product: Activated Charcoal Soap
Soapwalla’s newest addition - Activated Charcoal and Petitgrain Facial and Body Soap Bar - is sure to be a cult favorite. Activated bamboo charcoal (made from new growth forests), petitgrain and tea tree essential oils gently yet deeply cleanse pores of toxins and bacteria for smooth, clear skin. This jet black bar is like liquid velvet. Super sexy, ideal for all skin types, especially blemish-prone and combination.
Unisex. Vegan. Made in Brooklyn.
Soapwalla In the News
- PS 321 Holiday Craft Fair: This holiday craft fair is always filled to the brim with ridiculously talented craftspeople, great food, and fun activities for kids. Dec 8, 10am-5pm, PS 321 (180 7th Avenue, B'lyn -- between 1st and 2nd Streets)
- French Elle: The lovely Jeanne from French Elle gets the scoop on all my favorite NYC hangouts.
- Organic Spa Magazine: Soapwalla's Lip Locked is a holiday must-have!
- Colette (France): Soapwalla is a featured beauty brand at Colette. I was in Paris early September for Fashion Night Out. It was a mind-blowing experience, and I cannot wait to get back to the City of Lights!
- Vogue UK: Calgary Avansino, Vogue's executive fashion and digital project director, says about Soapwalla: "this little blue pot of magic found its way into my cupboard and ...works flawlessly!"
- Sophie Herbert and I sit down and chat.
- Sara Jane Mercer interviews me.
- Soapwalla Song: this blogger literally sings my praises, and makes me ridiculously happy in the process.
Recipe: Gentle Hand Exfoliant
Our hands take quite a beating. Whether it's cold and dry or blisteringly hot, take a few minutes each week to give your hands some TLC.
- 1 Tbs baking soda
- 1 tsp olive, sweet almond or coconut oil, room temp
- 2 drops rosemary or lavender essential oil
In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients until you have a spreadable, thick paste without any lumps. Apply paste to dry hands (not dampened), covering the fronts and backs of your hands and in between the fingers. Briskly rub your hands together, interlocking fingers at times, for a good 2 to 3 minutes. Pay particular attention to any rough spots, and spend some time massaging your cuticles. Rinse with warm, not hot, water, and immediately apply a moisturizer.
Make only enough for a single use.
Want to reuse your bottles or jars? Here are some clever ideas from customers:
- Store jewelry in empty deodorant containers
- In fact they are watertight and after hand-washing them out you can use them to bring salad dressing to work with you
- Luxurious body oil bottles make a lovely bud vase
- Bath salt lids make perfect buttons for snowpeople
- Or create your own salts or body scrub and regift for the holidays!
Note: please thoroughly handwash and dry all Soapwalla containers twice before using for food storage, to eliminate any essential oil residue.
Soapwalla was born in my apartment kitchen one evening, after months of unsuccessfully hunting for face and body products that wouldn’t aggravate my sensitive skin issues caused by lupus (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune illness). Soapwalla organic face and body products are specifically designed to cleanse with natural ingredients without stripping the oils that our skin naturally produces, which is essential for optimum skin health. Soapwalla uses organic and food-grade ingredients, never questionable additives such as sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens or harsh and synthetic ingredients. Soapwalla products are vegan, locally and personally produced by me and absolutely never ever tested on animals.
Vegan || Made in Brooklyn || Feed Your Skin
Rachel Winard, Soapwalla Chef