Job Description: Finance and HR Administrator
Job Title: Finance and HR Administrator
Reporting to: Finance Manager, Zeitz MOCAA
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: R 216,000 annually, R 18,000 per month (full cost to company with all deductions, including Pay as You Earn, Unemployment Insurance Fund Contributions, health insurance, and any other government mandated deductions, withheld from this amount).
Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public not-for-profit museum dedicated to contemporary art from Africa and its Diaspora. It consists of nine floors and 80 different galleries, 9,500 m2 of programmable space, of which 6,500 m2 is dedicated to white cube exhibition space, all housed in a unique re-imagining of what were once grain silos at Cape Town's V&A Waterfront.
Zeitz MOCAA is seeking a financial administrator to support the Financial Manager in their day-to-day activities. The primary responsibilities will be to provide efficient support for our financial accounting, audit and reporting activities, working closely with the Financial Manager to ensure that this support is provided in an accurate and timely manner.
Purpose of the job
Key tasks will include: Financial: payments, invoice processing, maintaining suppliers and managing purchase orders, staff expenses, banking, reconciliations, and general financial admininstation; Human Resources: staff files, leave management, payroll, recruitment and HR services; Income Management: ticketing income, staff rotation, banking reconciliations, and income control.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have a positive work ethic and be committed to developing a career in Finance. They should demonstrate some experience of dealing with financial information within teams, combined with excellent organisation, communication and numerical skills. A strong analytical approach and the flexibility to learn/adopt new systems and processes is essential.
- Payments Management and processing
- Debtors and Creditors Management
- Income Control and Banking management
- HR compliance
- Payroll processing and management
- General office administration
- Filling and record keeping
- IT – Support coordination
Financial Management is required, whereby competitive costs and efficiencies are achieved. There will be a focus on building positive, mutually respectful relationships within the broader business and with stakeholders, to achieve institutional goals.
Required experience and skills
- Grade 12 - Bookkeeping or similar certificate/diploma
- Relevant experience as a Financial Administrator
- At least one years’ experience working in a financial environment as a financial administrator
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Paymaster Payroll will be an advantage or any other similar computerised accounting packages
- Must be computer literate and have experience working with Excel and creating reports
Knowledge required for the job
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating services for a variety of trade, business, educational, non-profit, theatrical, entertainment, industrial events and programs
- Knowledge of computer software including Windows, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic budget preparation procedures and techniques
- Highly organised
- Team player
- Positive, self-motivated
- Honest and dependable
- Accurate and detail orientated
- A passion for contemporary art or a desire to learn about contemporary art
Deadline for all applications: Wednesday, 5 April 2017
Silo District, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa, 8002
Telephone: + 27 (0)21 418 7855
As a cutting edge equal opportunity institution, Zeitz MOCAA celebrates diversity in all its forms including gender, race, creed, and orientation.
Zeitz MOCAA is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications from suitably qualified Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs) for this position.
About Zeitz MOCAA
Opening on 22 September 2017, Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa’s (Zeitz MOCAA) mission is to collect, preserve, research, and exhibit cutting edge contemporary art from Africa and its Diaspora; to host international exhibitions; to develop supporting educational and enrichment programmes; to encourage intercultural understanding; and to guarantee access for all. Eighty galleries are dedicated to a permanent collection; temporary exhibitions; and Centres for Art Education, Photography, Costume, Curatorial Excellence, the Moving Image, and Performative Practice.
Zeitz MOCAA partners with various local and international institutions, manages a Curatorial Training Programme, and loans artworks to museums globally.
As a not-for-profit public cultural institution, donations to Zeitz MOCAA and philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations are an integral part of helping the museum fulfil its mission.