Press Statement: COSAS WC takes on Pigheaded Woolworths management at press conference today tuesday 4 november, 1pm
COSAS is a militant organization that will not be silenced or intimidated. Up to date we have not received any undertaking from Woolworths that they will stop buying that 0.1% of Apartheid Israel’s products. We have made enough statements and threats. We will now ensure that when the public thinks Woolworths, they think of the pigheaded management of Woolworths who are hell bent on supporting the Apartheid Israel government.
We have already complained that we are shocked that the Woolworths management is hiding 3 pig’s heads in the Western Cape. We think that they should tell the customers which stores have pigs, or admit that they have no idea- and therefore cannot protect the stores from our campaign.
We will now ensure that they cannot hide the pigs, that they cannot ignore the pigs and that they cannot continue to be pigheaded in their blind racist and disgusting support of Israel. COSAS will bring 10 of our pig heads with us to the press conference to show them and the media that we are serious.
Woolworths and the media must acknowledge that there is no morality in claiming any food in Woolworths is Halaal or Kosher, it is dripping with the blood of innocent Palestinian children. No person who believes in God enough to eat only certain food can believe that the food at Woolworths in not contaminated.
COSAS have nothing to loose, we are working class revolutionaries standing up for the people of Palestine. We believe that in pursuit of justice there can be no fear, no limits to what we are capable of. Woolworths will regret their arrogance.
Date: Tuesday the 4th of November
Venue: Woolworths headquarters in Cape Town
For comment or more details please contact our Provincial Chairperson Cde Siphakamise Ngxowa on 073 708 1975 or Provincial Secretary Cde Siphelo Makeleni 078 989 7987
Please find our PEC outcomes on this campaign below:
ON WOOLWORTHS COVERUP:
· WE ARE VERY DISAPOINTED THAT WOOLWORTHS HAS NOT REPORTED TO THE MEDIA OR PUBLIC, OR MAYBE HAS NOT LOCATED THE 3 PIGS HEADS THAT HAVE BEEN PLACED IN 3 STORES IN THE WESTERN CAPE.
· WOOLWORTHLESS IS NOT HALAAL AND IT IS NOT KOSHER!
· PIGHEADED WOOLWORTHS BOSSES MUST COME CLEAN AND SAY WHY THEY HAVE HIDDEN THE OTHER 3 PIGSHEADS.
· We are very disappointed in how the media have failed to give balanced coverage of the militant and radical actions of COSAS Western Cape in our campaign against the PIGS at Woolworths
· The media has not covered our statements but seem fixated on pictures and short catchy headlines instead of focusing on the Pig-headed Woolworths management, who continue to arrogantly defy the clear call of South African consumers for Woolworths to cut all ties with the Apartheid state of Israel.
· The complete failure by media to hold Woolworths accountable for its shocking and relentless racist support of Israeli Apartheid and murder of Palestinian children is glaring in many sections of the media
· The complete failure of the media to write the real story of how as racist elite group of white men who own Woolworths continue to refuse to listen to the voice of activists across South Africa and have betrayed even their shareholders by choosing to support Israel over their profits and brand name.
· Media must not pretend the murders in Gaza did not happen
ON CLAIMS THAT WE HATE JEWISH PEOPLE
· Pigs heads and some resources needed for this campaign have come from Jewish people.
· The gathering of racist white people and armed white militia or “security of a special kind” was organized by the DA and their Israeli funders.
· The illegal and unpermitted public gathering, which aimed to portray Jewish people as victims- while they still are enjoying the sweet taste of the yoke of white Aparthied privilege, is a mockery to South African black people.
· The Jewish people in South Africa were with us in the struggle against Aparthied, but this racist DA group called the Jewish Board of Deputies never once through Apartheid issued a single statement to support our black people.
· We love Jewish people, we love Christian people, we love Quaker people, we love Buddhist people and we even love people who do not believe in God- but we do not love racist and oppressive people.
· We will write to Jewish Voices for Peace and other progressive non-racist Jewish people to explain to them our campaign.
ON THE ANC STATEMENT BY CDE JESSIE DUARTE
· We recognize the good image that the ANC as the ruling party has to maintain through distancing itself from our important campaign; we are not hurt or insulted by the ANC or ANC DSG cde Jessie Duarte who is our leader. We love Cde Jessie and we know that she has never compromised in her support for the plight Palestinian people or working class South Africans.
ON THE PIGS CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE PIG HEADED MANAGEMENT AT WOOLWORTHS:
· The PEC resolved and reaffirmed that the program was and is a program of the COSAS Western Cape and reject any attempts to confuse the public into thinking that it is an individual’s campaign