|Join Us for the Annual NursingCAS Open House and Enrollment Management Workshop on June 12 - 13, 2014 in Boston, MA
This free event is for all NursingCAS users involved in the admissions process.
This event is a chance for you to find out more about how others have implemented, leveraged, benefited from, and use the service at their school. Sessions will feature content for prospective, beginner, and advanced users of NursingCAS including topics such as: diversity recruitment, return on investment with NursingCAS, developing a recruitment plan and strategy, a product launch preview, training on the admissions software (WebAdMIT), and managing a paperless admissions process.
April 7 - Nashville, TN
Join us at a NursingCAS Workshop from 2:30 - 5:00 PM. This event coincides with AACN's Graduate Nursing Admissions Professionals Conference (GNAP). However, non-GNAP conference attendees from area schools are welcome to attend the workshop. RSVP Now
June 25 - San Francisco, CA
Joins us at a NursingCAS Workshop from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM at San Francisco State University. This event coincides with the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP) Conference. However, non-NAAHP conference attendees from area schools are welcome to attend the workshop. RSVP Now
|Social Security Number Reminder
There is an optional
field on NursingCAS that allows applicants to input their Social Security Number (SSNs) for those schools that need to collect this information. If your school requires SSNs, NursingCAS will be able to capture it; however, the SSNs can only be accessed through an encrypted download using PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) software. Please email
the NursingCAS Management team at Liaison for more details about how this works if you wish to start collecting SSNs.
The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) has approved the use of transcripts processed by NursingCAS as official documents. Click here to read more. You can access PDF copies of official transcripts for every verified applicant on their applicant details page under the documents tab.
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and its partner, Liaison International, are excited to announce that on October 15, 2014, a new version of NursingCAS, referred to as NursingCAS 3.0, will be released. We have listened to your feedback and have taken steps to develop a system that will truly meet the unique needs of any nursing program. NursingCAS 3.0 will give schools a configuration tool, which will allow you to customize several program-specific requirements, including:
- Coursework (none, pre-requisites only, full coursework data)
- Transcripts (none, unofficial, official)
- Custom questions (if a school needs to capture a question not already captured by NursingCAS that is specific to their program they will have the ability to add it to the application)
- Number of references (schools can require that an applicant must submit a specific number of references via NursingCAS to be considered for admission to your program)
- Number of documents (applicants will be able to submit up to 20 documents via NursingCAS to be considered for admission to your program depending on your requirements)
- Personal statements (schools will be able to identify to applicants which questions or topics should be addressed to be considered for admission to your program)
Additionally, NursingCAS 3.0 will be able to assist with facilitating academic progression because applicants will be assigned a unique ID number that will be active across cycles. In addition, participating schools will have access to applicant data across cycles in WebAdMIT. NursingCAS 3.0 will be a continuous application cycle that can accommodate any school’s deadlines date and program-specific admissions cycle.
In preparation for the release of NursingCAS 3.0 in October 2014, a preview system will be available to the public in June 2014 that will provide an overview of the user experience, look, and functionality. All of the same great functionality in WebAdMIT (the companion admissions software for NursingCAS) will remain, and additional tools and features will be added.
It’s important to note that although NursingCAS 3.0 will open to applicants on October 15, 2014, the first deadlines that can be published on the new platform will be December 1, 2014. During this transition time, NursingCAS staff will work with each school individually to provide recommendations on implementation timelines, application deadlines, and related issues. Please contact Caroline Allen, AACN’s Senior NursingCAS Manager, at 202-463-6930 x258 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
The following Webinars have been scheduled to provide currently participating schools more details on the release of NursingCAS 3.0. We encourage you to participate in one of these Webinars since there will be a live Q&A session:
- Tuesday, April 1, 2:00 – 3:00 PM Eastern Time - REGISTER NOW
- Thursday, April 3, 4:00 – 5:00 PM Eastern Time - REGISTER NOW
- Thursday, April 10, 1:00 – 2:00 PM Eastern Time - REGISTER NOW
Summary of the Release Plan for NursingCAS 3.0
- June 2014 - Preview system for NursingCAS 3.0 will be released.
- August 2014 - Updated Data Dictionary and sample data file for NursingCAS 3.0 will be released.
- July-September 2014 - NursingCAS staff will be working to onboard schools to the new system.
- October 1-10, 2014 - Schools will be able to preview their listing to ensure their requirements are properly configured prior to the release.
- October 15, 2014 - NursingCAS 3.0 will be released. Applicants can log into the system at this point and start applying to programs on the new platform.
- December 1, 2014 - First deadline eligible to be posted on NursingCAS 3.0. All deadlines between December 1, 2014 – 2016 (and even beyond that, including rolling deadlines) can be posted on NursingCAS 3.0.
- February 15, 2015 - Last deadline date for current NursingCAS system (referred to as NursingCAS 2.0). No deadlines beyond February 15, 2015 can be published on the current NursingCAS application.
- February 27, 2015 - Last possible date for deadline extensions for applicants in NursingCAS 2.0 and last day for Undelivered applicants to re-submit their application on NursingCAS 2.0.
- March 15, 2015 - Last day for internal processing of any remaining transcripts for NursingCAS 2.0 and the old system closes down permanently. Note, you will still have access to any applicants who applied through NursingCAS 2.0 in your current WebAdMIT portal.
Important Transition Information
The current NursingCAS application and the WebAdMIT portal will remain open with the same features and functionality in place now until February 15, 2015, allowing schools enough time to finish out their own unique admissions cycle and time to post programs well in advance of deadlines. Applicants will still be required to do full coursework entry and have all official US and Canadian college level transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution’s registrar’s office directly to NursingCAS.
AACN and Liaison are aware that coursework entry has been an unappealing aspect for many users of NursingCAS, so to address the issue in the current NursingCAS system, the coursework entry service fee option has been lowered from $150 to $50
until October 1. For more information, visit click here
Currently participating schools will have the option to post their programs with deadlines between December 1, 2014 and February 15, 2015 on either the current NursingCAS system or on NursingCAS 3.0. However, no school will be allowed to post the same program on both applications. Once NursingCAS 3.0 is released on October 15, we do recommend that schools migrate over to the new system as soon as it is feasible.
It is important to note that your applicant data from both the current NursingCAS application and NursingCAS 3.0 will be accessible through your school’s current WebAdMIT portal. You will not need to log into a different WebAdMIT once NursingCAS 3.0 launches. Additionally, schools will be able to transfer their settings over in WebAdMIT.
Keep in mind that NursingCAS 3.0 is an entirely new software system so applicants will not be able to use the NursingCAS “re-applicant” feature that was available in past cycles. Any applicant who applied to a program via NursingCAS in the past will have to start over in NursingCAS 3.0. However, NursingCAS 3.0 will provide a streamlined process that makes it easier to enter coursework and other supporting information. Please note that this is the last time we will need to suspend the reapplicant process since NursingCAS will be moving to a continuous cycle. NursingCAS will provide information to applicants leading up to the transition and will post messages on the applicant portal and nursingcas.org. We will also provide messaging that you can share with your applicants regarding the transition.
In the meantime, please reach out to Caroline Allen, Senior Manager for NursingCAS at AACN, with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 202-463-6930 x258.
Contact Information Reminder:
NursingCAS Management Team - Based at Liaison International (NursingCAS Headquarters) outside of Boston, MA
Note: do not copy applicants on communication with management. Schools should contact the management team for:
- Program deadline extensions for individual applicants
- Applicant issues or questions
- Processing questions
- Verification questions
- Customer service questions or issues
- Updating your school's requirement rules and/or program/track restrictions on the application (i.e. # of references, personal statement, supplemental fee, # or programs/tracks an applicant can select, etc.)
- Sending an email blast to ALL applicants in the system
- Application process questions
Additionally Hilda Mejia Abreu joined Liaison International as the Executive Director of Program Partnerships. Dr. Mejia Abreu is a former Associate Dean for Admissions & Student Services at a University in Texas where she implemented and used NursingCAS. If you wish to learn more about her user experience or to speak with her about best practices, stakeholder engagement, or implementation, you can reach her at 517-589-0859 or email@example.com.
WebAdMIT Support Team
- Based at Liaison International in Buffalo, NY
Josh Huber is the WebAdMIT Support Team Manager
Note: do not copy applicants on communication with the support team. Schools should contact the support team for:
- Training sessions for WebAdMIT
- Adding programs to post on your listing on the CURRENT NursingCAS application for applicants to select
- How to send email blasts to your applicants only
- GPA calculations not available
- Program deadline extensions for ALL applicants
- Resetting your password for WebAdMIT
- Questions on settings, users, assignments, reports, etc.
- Questions about exporting the data to import into your student information system such as Datatel, Banner, PeopleSoft, etc.
NursingCAS Customer Service for Applicants - Based at Liaison International outside of Boston, MA; Hours: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET (Monday – Thursday) and 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET (Friday).
Applicants should contact customer service for:
- Application status (note: applicants can also check the status of their application – references, transcripts, etc. via the “Quick Status” menu while logged into their NursingCAS account and via the mobile portal)
- Application or verification issues
- How to complete the application, upload documents, and submit reference requests
Social Media for Applicants:
NursingCAS Staff at AACN
- Based at the American Association of Colleges of Nursing in Washington, DC
Caroline Allen, Senior NursingCAS Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
202-463-6930, x258. Schools should contact Caroline for:
- Pointing you in the right direction if you're not sure who to direct your question to (WebAdMIT Support or NursingCAS Management)
- Any outstanding issue or concern
- How to schedule training
- If you have ideas for enhancements, service improvements or applicant information needs
- Best practices
- Connecting with other users Setting up presentations, meetings, Webinars, and teleconferences for individual schools, conferences, and stakeholder groups to learn more about NursingCAS
Also, if there have been changes in staffing at your school, especially if there is a new primary user(s) please notify Caroline.