Yesterday we assembled all of the directors involved in organizing commencement in order to come up with plans in case of poor weather. As of right now, we are planning on having commencement outside. If we have to move it inside, we will post a message on the HS and district Facebook page by 12:00 pm on Sunday. I apologize if the directions seam overly rigid. We need to make sure that we do all we can to seat as many people as quickly and fairly as possible.
Here are the details for an indoor graduation:
1. Each Graduate will receive 12 individually numbered tickets today after rehearsal. These tickets may be shared but may not be sold. Anybody found selling their extra tickets will have their entire 12 voided.
2. No early "reserved" seating by way of blankets will be allowed. Any blankets or items intended to reserve seats will be removed prior to the doors opening at 12:30. When the doors open, you will need to present your ticket.
3. The parking lot will fill quickly. We will have a shuttle running from the Pine St. Football Field to the H.S. before and after the ceremony.
4. We will be at capacity so people will be asked to move together as tightly as possible.
5. We do not guarantee seating with a ticket. The ticket is for admission only. Seats will be filled on a first come, first served basis. There are 1800 seats and space for 300 standing room guests. We do not designate tickets for seating or standing room. The first people admitted will be able to choose their seats. The last three hundred will have to stand. No chairs will be allowed in the standing room area.
Fremont High School and Middle School parents are invited to a workshop, Talk Early & Talk Often, designed to empower them with tips and resources for how to talk to teen children about abstinence and sex. The workshop is at the High School May 30, starting 5:30 p.m. A free dinner will be provided to attendees of the workshop, which is for adults only. Child care will be provided for parents with young children, who will also be provided with dinner. Attendees will be entered into gift prize drawings. Register at http://bit.ly/2r9sIBv or by calling 231.924.5350.
It's A Great Day To Be A Packer!
Arbor Circle in Newaygo County: http://www.arborcircle.org/programs-services
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 24/7 trained support
Crisis Text Line for Teens Text "Listen" to 741-741 24/7 trained support
Please remember to remind your child to report any neglect or bullying they see.