Remember to Vote in the Primary Election
Pennsylvania's primary election day is Tuesday, May 20, and the polls will be open between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. For our government to be truly representative, we all need to vote. However, in the most recent primary, only 20% of the electorate showed up to vote.
Read details online of important races and absentee ballot instructions.
We are Jewish parents, raising children in a world where they may experience being the only Jew in their class or camp group, or at a social event. It is our job to empower them, to make them feel good about themselves, and to give them the tools to navigate the world. (More online.
Also known as borecole, kale is believed to be one of the healthiest vegetables around. Just as addictive and crispy as potato chips, baked kale chips are a low calorie nutritious snack that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. (More online.
- May 12: Last Democratic gubernatorial candidates' debate.
- May 13: Last day to request Pennsylvania absentee ballot.
- May 13: PhillyIsrael Forum for Israeli-Americans. (In Hebrew. בעברית)
May 15: JAFCO honors Northeast Chapter founders.
|JAFCO's Women of Valor honorees Bonnie Squires, Jill Abrams Lapensohn and Beverly Victor. (Bonnie Squires is the Philadelphia Jewish Voice's society editor.)
- May 18: David Broza and PJVoice at Philly's Israel Day Festival.
- May 18: Senator Casey speaks at Gratz College Commencement.