Current Specials and Packages
St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast Holiday Tour
On December 8th and 9th the St. Augustine Historic Inns will be showcasing their 19th Annual Holiday Tour. Each Inn handpicks their own restaurant and tour goers have an opportunity to see 25 inns decorated for the holiday season. This year's Theme is The 12 Days of Christmas. This is a two-day event in which half of the inns are on tour on Saturday and the other half, including us, will be on Sunday. Columbia Restaurant will be our sponsoring restaurant. Reserve a room for two-nights or more and include Sunday 9th; and receive a complimentary ticket ($25 value).
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in December
December celebrates the Holiday season with the continuation of the "Nights of Lights" celebration in St. Augustine, truly a magical time of the year in the oldest city. The first weekend in December is the "Grand Illumination" This British Night Watch event is one of the most highly attended reenactment event of the year. Last year, National Geographic picked St. Augustine as one of the Top Ten Places in the World to see the Holiday Lights. The switching of the lights occurs every year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the celebration continues through the end of January. The buildings and trees throughout the city are covered in white lights. There are also special night time tours by the Old Town Trolley and holiday music to help get everyone in the spirit of the season.
Grand Illumination Weekend
March with the British Redcoats as they secure the city with a spectacular parade from the Plaza de la Constitucion to the City Gates and back again. Participants are welcome! The weekend events start Friday night with a Celtic concert and Saturday's events continue throughout the day on Saturday at Francis Field (just 2 blocks from Carriage Way). "The Best Weekend for Holiday Travel to St Augustine"
When: December 1st - 2nd
Where: St. Francis Field and around town
Best Bets for December:
- December 1st
- St Augustine Beach Surf Illumination
- December 1st - 58th Annual St. Augustine Christmas Parade
- December 1st - British Camps Open
- December 1st - Grand Illumination British Night Watch Parade
- December 1st - Candlelight Tours of Villa Zorayda
- December 2nd - 44th Annual Garden Club Christmas Tour of Homes
- December 3rd - Candlelight Tour of Villa Zorayda
- December 5th - Luminary Night at the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- December 5th - Candlelight Tours of Villa Zorayda
- December 5th - Discover First America Lecture Series
- December 7th - First Friday Art Walk
- December 7th - January 6th - Limelight Theatre presents: Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings
- December 8th - 9th - St. Augustine Historic Inns 19th Annual Holiday Tour
- December 8th - Regatta of Lights
- December 11th - 13th - EMMA Concert Series: Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra Holiday Pops
- December 11th - Candlelight Tour of Villa Zorayda
- December 14th - St Augustine Orchestra Concert
- December 15th - 16th - St Augustine Ballet performs the Nutcracker
- December 15th - Candlelight Tour of Villa Zorayda
- December 15th - 16th - St. Augustine Community Chorus Christmas Concert
- December 16th St. Augustine Orchestra Concert
- December 27th - Candlelight Tour of Villa Zorayda
- December 29th - Uptown Saturday Night
- December 29th - 30th - Old Town Arts and Crafts Show
- December 29th - 30th - Candlelight Tour of Villa Zoryada
- December 31st - Beach Blast of 2012!
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than five dozen new recipes, but we still need a few more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy.
Jeanie made one of my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving with her sister.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
Mix together and press into bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
4 T. flour
Juice of 2 lemons
4 eggs, beaten
Pour mixture over crust and bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cool and cut into squares.
Housekeeping tip: Not so much a housekeeping tip, but this just might help get through the Holiday Season of eating. Try a glass of water with lemon juice 30 minutes before eating to help curb your appetite.
Inn the Know:
Larry has returned to avoid the Colorado Cold and to give Jeanie and John a much deserved break!
Marcia Ball comes January 12th!
Marsha Ball will be performing with her band on January 12th at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
January Concert Schedule
Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- Tom Rush
- Marcia Ball - 1/12/13
- Sonny Landreth - 1/17/13
- Richard Thompson - 1/22/13
- Marshall Crenshaw - 1/25/13
- Leon Redbone - 2/7/13