Current Specials and Packages
February Valentine Week Special
Bring your Valentine to St Augustine and stay three weekday nights, Sunday - Thursday and your third night is on us. Valid 2/12 - 2/16. Not valid with any other discounts
Sunday - Monday Special
Stay Sunday night at the regular rate and receive Monday night at half price.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in February
Noche de Gala - February 25, 2012
Be a part of a 16th century masked ball celebrating the birth of Don Pedro Menendez de Aviles. Attire is black tie or 16th century costume.
A cocktail reception and dinner will be followed by dancing to contemporary tunes.
Best Bets for February:
- February 1st - Civil Wars - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 2nd - Richard Thompson Electric Trio - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 3rd - First Friday Art Walk
- February 3rd - 5th - Pro Riding at St. Johns County Fairground
- February 4th - Changing of the Guard
- February 7th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour - St Augustine Lighthouse
- February 7th - Discover First America: St. Augustine Tapestry
- February 9th - They Might Be Giants - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 11th - Flight to Freedom
- February 11th - A Day in the Colonial Market
- February 12th - Ripley's Attempt to set world record wedding vow renewal ceremony
- February 12th - Tour of St. Augustine Houses of Worship
- February 14th - Robert Cray - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 16th - Discover First America: To Arms! Four and a half centuries of military history in St. Augustine
- February 17th - Evening with Patrizio Buanne - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 19th - Shemekia Copeland - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 22nd - Saw Doctors - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 22nd - U.S. Immigration Naturalization Ceremony - Castillo de San Marcos
- February 24th - 21st Annual St. Augustine Cat Show: Featuring the Bengal Cat
- February 25th - Uptown Saturday Night
- February 25th - Nocha de Gala
- February 25th - Pablo Cruise - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- February 29th - Dark Star Orchestra - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than three dozen new recipes, but we still need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Kathy for sharing your family favorites, but also for sharing your family memories
This recipe takes a little extra time, but well worth the effort.
Scalloped Eggs Sunshine
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. basil
3/4 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
10 hard-boiled eggs sliced
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup buttered bread crumbs
Melt butter and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and whipping cream. Cook until smooth and thick. Add spices and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray. Place a layer of egg slices in baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley and add a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat two more layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Cleaning tip: Yellowing of garments occurs over time unless they are properly sealed. If yellowing does occur, try filling a bucket with warm water and add denture cleaning tablets. Once tablets dissolve, add the garment and soak until the yellowing is gone. Rinse and launder the garment.