In this issue...
May is National Burger Month and we like to celebrate at O'Quig's by allowin' guests and staff alike to share their best burger makins' for a good cause. Anyone can enter their favored way of buildin' a burger - the deadline is noon on April 22nd.
The top entries will have the whole month o' May to prove their worthiness - with the most ordered burger earnin' a spot on our menu and it's creator claimin' the title of Burger War Champion for 2016.
'N it's all for a good cause, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. A portion of all burgers sold during the month of May will benefit this fine charity.
So - add your entry today 'n then remember to stop by early 'n often throughout May to "cast your vote" for your favorite burger.
The bar is set pretty high - just check out these prior winners:
- 2013: The Who's Your Paddy - our oversized burger topped with grilled onions and mushrooms, two big slices of bacon, cheddar, and a fried egg...'tis a mouthful, for sure
- 2014: The Mac Attack - a portion of our housemade mac-n-cheese is balled up, rolled in breading and fried then carefully placed atop our burger with crumbled bacon and sour cream
- 2015: The Sundance Kid - building on that same big burger patty, this one is topped with pepper jack cheese, candied jalapenos, roasted red peppers, two thick slices of bacon, our housemade BBO'Q sauce and a single onion ring
Live Music Is a-Startin'
We started a tradition in recent years of featurin' some of the best local (and sometimes not-so-local) musical talent on our fine patio. Somethin' about great food and drink alongside the open air filled with great sounds just lightens the soul and puts a fine end to any day.
Startin' on the first weekend in May, every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings will feature entertainin' live music to lift your spirits and serenade your supper. Until then, we'll schedule music as the weather allows.
The lineup for the next couple o' weeks:
- April 23rd - Ethan Ridings
- May 5 - Garry Lincoln (pictured)
- May 6 - Broken Wagon
- May 7 - Andy DeWitt
- May 12 - Joel McNulty
- May 13 - Miner's Bluff Band
- May 14 - Ethan Ridings
- May 19 - Dallas Lybarger
- May 20 - Grace Maher & Skinny Webb
- May 21 - Andy DeWitt
- May 26 - Joey Glenn and Skinny Webb
- May 27 - Ethan Ridings
We may be addin' in more here in late April, so check us out on Facebook
to stay up to date on this lineup and the rest of our musicians all summer long. We'll also have it on our website
The Boys in Blue are back at it and there's no better way to enjoy another great season o' games than with a cold cocktail featurin' a local vodka and a proud sponsor of the Kansas City Royals.
The Walkoff was a fan favorite at O'Quig's during each game - it features 360 Huckleberry Vodka, Lemonade, and a touch of Blue Curacao.
This year, a second delight can be had with the Pine Tar Peach - a combination of 360 Georgia Peach Vodka and Lemonade, with a name that harkens back to a memorable moment in the history of our fine MLB franchise.
They're both incredibly good and they're both just $5 - anytime, every time, all the time, but especially when our team takes the field.