People with Disability Australia invites you to attend our 2013 Election Platform launch and Disability Q&A with Tim Ferguson and special guest panellists Senator Mitch Fifield, Senator Rachel Siewert and Senator the Hon Jan McLucas.
Come along to this event to ensure the voices of people with disability are strongly represented during this election period and into the future. Follow the conversation on twitter using hashtag #pwdaqanda
On the Panel
- Senator Mitch Fifield - Shadow Minister for Disabilities, Carers and the Voluntary Sector and Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate
- Senator Rachel Siewert - The Australian Greens Spokesperson for Family Community and Disability Services
- Senator the Hon Jan McLucas - Senator for Queensland, Minister for Human Services
- Joan Hume - Founding and Life Member of People with Disability Australia; Former Director of PWD; Director of Spinal Cord Injuries Australia and recipient of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for services to people with disability
- Sam Connor - Member of People with Disability Australia; Member of NDIS Expert Committee on Workforce Development and Sector Capacity; and Member of the Ministerial Advisory Council on Disability WA
- Craig Wallace - President of People With Disability Australia; Deputy Community Co-chair of the NDIS Expert Committee in the ACT; Member of the Leaders for Tomorrow Advisory Group; occasional opinion editorial commentator for ABC Ramp Up and recipient of the Centenary Medal for Services to People with a Disability
At this Q and A - you ask the questions!
Please submit your question when you RSVP.
RSVP: Pete Darby, Projects Liaison Officer
Please advise of any access requirements
(Auslan interpreters etc) or dietary requirements.
Please ensure you RSVP as soon as possible
as there are limited places.
RSVP: Wednesday 28 August 2013
Where: Mercure Hotel, 818-820 George Street
Haymarket Sydney NSW
When: 5.30pm for a 6pm start - Friday 30 August 2013
The event will be followed by light refreshments.