Current Specials and Packages
Midsummer Night's Dream
Imagine experiencing the heart of the ancient city and staying at a St Augustine Bed and Breakfast. Drink a glass of wine on the veranda with the love of your life. Stay three or more weekday nights, Sunday - Thursday and receive one night free. Valid thru September and not valid with any other discounts or during Holiday weeks. Must be pre-purchased online, just mention "Summer Love" in the comment section of the reservation.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in August
There are many things to do in St Augustine to beat the heat. Originally a Spanish city; St. Augustine, FL has the Plaza de la Constitucion, which catches the sea breezes and pushes the air down the narrow streets for cooling. The
buildings are located next to the streets to help provide additional shade. The oldest city has many museums, shops, art galleries, and restaurants to help keep you cool.
Thursday Night Concerts in the Plaza
Bring your chair and enjoy an evening concert in St. Augustine's Plaza de la Constitucion every Thursday night thru Labor Day weekend and enjoy the cool breezes and the local flair under a canopy of live oaks as you enjoy live entertainment provided by popular local entertainers.
Location: Plaza de la Constitucion
Time: 7 - 9 p.m.
Best Bets for August:
- August 2nd - Sunset/Moonrise Tour at the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- August 2nd - Concerts in the Plaza - The Falling Bones - vintage rock/rhythm & blues
- August 3rd - First Friday Art Walk
- August 7th - Aaron Neville performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- August 9th - Concerts in the Plaza - The Rick Arcusa Band - classic southern rock
- August 12th - PACT Triathlon
- August 16th - Concerts in the Plaza - Rob Ellis Peck & Friends - acoustic R&B / classic rock
- August 16th - Summer Dinner Theatre at Raintree Restaurant
- August 19th - Rebelution, The Expendables and Passafire in Concert at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- August 23rd - Concerts in the Plaza - The Mike Hart Band - blues, jazz & rock
- August 23rd - Summer Dinner Theatre at Raintree Restaurant
- August 23rd - Grascals perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- August 25th - Uptown Saturday Night
- August 25th - Nickelodeon's Fresh Beat Band at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- August 26th - Kenny Wayne Shepherd performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- August 30th - Concerts in the Plaza - Lonesome Bert & The Skinny Lizards - original Americana folk
- August 30th - Summer Dinner Theatre at Raintree Restaurant
- August 30th - Sublime performs at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- August 31st - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than four dozen new recipes, but we still need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Eve and Larry for the Front Porch Garlic Bread Appetizer
Easy Peach Cobbler
6 peach halves, drained and sliced
1 cup blueberries (optional)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
While oven is preheating to 375 degrees put the butter in the bottom of a 9 x 11 inch glass baking dish. When the butter has melted, swish it around to coat the sides and bottom and put the peaches and blueberries in the dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the sugar over the fruit mixture and return to the oven while you mix the batter and the oven reaches 375 degrees. Mix the remaining ingredients, blending, but not over mixing. Cover the fruit mixture with the batter and return to the oven for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven when top and sides are light brown. Let it cool for 15 - 30 minutes and serve with ice cream, if you can wait!
Cleaning tip: This brings us to blueberry stains. Act quickly if it is a fresh stain, but the most important thing to do is to remove the stain before placing the garment in the dryer. Turn the fabric inside out and run cold water over the stain. Apply liquid detergent and soak the stain for 15 minutes in cold water. If stain remains apply hydrogen peroxide, repeat if necessary and wash as normal.
Inn the Know:
St. Augustine's Newest Restaurant
Mojo's brings it's fifth restaurant to St Augustine matching regional barbeque specialties with Southern classic cooking along with a full Whisky bar. Located one block North of the Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast on Cordova Street
Upcoming Concert Schedule
St. Augustine Amphitheatre
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- Train - 9/6
- Brantley Gilbert - 9/13
- Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson - 9/21
- Blonde and Devo - 9/22
- Joe Cocker and Dave Mason - 9/30