Dear Deans, Directors and Chairs of Schools/Colleges of Nursing,
 
Thank you for signing the pledge for the Joining Forces campaign and for your commitment to improving care for all Veterans.
 
I would like for each of you to be aware of a unique opportunity to send your faculty to a national End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)-for Veterans train-the-trainer course, offered July 17-18, 2012 in Glendale, CA.  As you know, AACN has been in partnership with City of Hope for over 11 years in providing ELNEC training courses across all 50 states and in 73 countries around the globe. Funded by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, ELNEC-For Veterans was created in 2009 with 5 national courses being held across the US since 2010. 
 
We know many of your students have their clinical rotations in VA facilities.  Veterans have unique needs when experiencing life-limiting illness(es).  Only 4% of Veterans die in facilities.  The other 96% are being cared for in university or community hospitals, home care settings, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, hospices, etc.—  where your students provide important clinical services.
 
The ELNEC Project is offering $100 off any registration fee for nursing faculty from a school/college of nursing that has signed-up for the Joining Forces campaign.  This offer is good for the first 25 faculty who register by June 15, 2012. The reduced registration fee to attend the two-day train-the-trainer course will be $400.  While attending, you will receive:
  • a 1000 + page binder with objectives, student outlines, PowerPoint slides with “talking points beneath each slide,” updated reference list, case studies, and supplemental teaching materials. Seven modules will be reviewed in this binder: Introduction to Palliative Nursing, Pain Management, Symptom Management, Communication, Loss/Grief/Bereavement, Cultural Considerations, and Final Hours of Life. 
  • CD with all materials listed in binder above (including PowerPoint slides)
  • 2010 edition of The Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing
  • 11 CEs
  • 4 meals (2 continental breakfasts and 2 lunches)
  • Opportunity to network with other healthcare providers committed to improving care of all Veterans
For further information about this course and/or to register, go to http://www.aacn.nche.edu/elnec/trainings/national.
 
Important Note: A specific registration form is listed on this site for nursing faculty whose SON is participating in the Joining Forces campaign. Be sure to complete this registration form.
 
I hope you will be able to take advantage of this training.  For further questions, please contact the AACN ELNEC Project Director, Pam Malloy at pmalloy@aacn.nche.edu.
 
Geraldine Polly Bednash, PhD, RN, FAAN
Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Suite 530 One Dupont Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: 202.463.6930
Fax: 202.785.8320
Asst:  Gene Throwe,  Ext. 237
 
  
 
Check out our Facebook page that lists the latest information about ELNEC. Interact with other ELNEC trainers.
To take a glimpse and become a “friend”, click here.
End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)
 

Powered by YMLP.com